Service has been deteriorating in last few months
FIREMAN0977
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizon service in Co has gotten so bad that I drop calls consistently where it used to never happen. I have asked the switch managers at Verizon and project managers also and they claim it's. cause of the unlimited plan coming

back.

I dont get it, it's not just my phone, I have 15 friends and co-workers and they are asking me the same thing. Are you guys doing an overlay with new antennas? Or different radios?  I am in charge of building cell sites for the last 17 yrs. this is the worst I've ever seen a network get.

Labels (1)
Re: Service has been deteriorating in last few months
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PATRIOTICRICK

I'll give you mine:  83442.  I have been with Verizion for many many years and have always had great cell service, until I went unlimited, about two months ago.  Now service is spotty, only get two bars in my front yard that I used to get 4 or 5 and the cell tower is only about 5 miles away, no hills, flat land.  In the last 10 years I got one dropped call, now it seems it's a weekly thing.  Is this Verizions way to get us to buy something?  Like a signal booster or the next premium service that is going to be a stronger signal?  All my children live in different city's and states and are having the same problem, coincidence?  I don't think so.  I called Verizion and was told that, they can only have so many cell towers, because of monopoly regulations or something like that and they have been removing some towers and selling others and then can't use them.  Is this true?           

0 Likes
ERIHAC17

Here is my Zip Code as well.  55122  We have been experiencing the same issues with an increase in call drop volumes. I am on the same plan that I have been for 5 years and do not have the unlimited data that PATRIOTICRICK mentions.  I will be sitting in my house with 2-3 bars and take a phone call and then after a few minutes the call will just drop and I have no service. It usually takes a minute before service is restored and I am back to the 2-3 bars.  At first I thought this was just my phone but my fiancee, who is on my plan, is also experiencing the same issues.

0 Likes
FIREMAN0977
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code?  How about the whole state of CO.  80524, 80011, 80237, I could label them all.  Even in Avon it dropped calls.  Not sure what to tell you other then your network has drastically been impaired.  I have had verizon/airstream for over 10 yrs because it was the best service around.  Now its not and I mean by a whole lot. 

Again, can you tell us if there has been a rollout of new radios or antennas being installed?  If so this might be the issue.  I know TMobile is in the process of rolling out there 600mhz spectrum to come online next yr in the midwest.  Are you guys doing anything different with your spectrums?

0 Likes
FIREMAN0977
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is in the whole northern half of colorado and all the way west to UTAH.  I drive in these areas all the time because I am in charge of building new sites for the wireless carriers.  I haven't built a Verizon site for 4 yrs so am not sure what verizon has going on anymore.  This is something that needs to be looked at by you guys in a hurry.  This is a massive problem.  I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for over 10 yrs if I remember right.  Its about to change if the network doesn't start improving this yr.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s a wide net that covers many miles when looking into Denver, Aurora, Avon, and Fort Collins. I realize you’ve spoken with colleagues about this topic, FIREMAN0977, and you have gotten confirmation from them that their experience is similar to yours.  Let’s start little and then expand our focus to build momentum into a better overall experience. Where are you noticing these dropped calls the most? What’s the make and model of your device?

If I was in your shoes, I'd too would be asking the big questions, such as about rollout. While I do not have these answers, I do want to tackle this service degradation head on. After all, long time customers like you don't come around every day.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FIREMAN0977
Enthusiast - Level 2

Start with 80524, that is around my home area.  Then look at the main stretches of Highway.  I can give you specific site names Livermore is one that is close to my home.  My devices are Iphone SE and also an Iphone 7plus.  Either is dropping calls where we didn't before.  Like I said before.  It is not just in one area this is happening.  It is across the board.  Look at sites between Dotsero and Avon CO also.  That stretch of I70 used to never drop calls. at most once you might lose a call in the past.  Then just last week while driving back I dropped 6 calls in that stretch of Interstate. 

Even around Denver look at 80011, that is where my office is based out of and I cannot even talk inside the office anymore.  I have to go outside now to even recieve a call.

0 Likes
FIREMAN0977
Enthusiast - Level 2

So like usual I didn't hear anything from you guys on why the service and network has gone downhill?  Just took another trip down I-25 to I70 into the mountains and dropped probably 7 phone calls while on this trip.

Again have you guys rolled out new antennas or radios in the area?  I know you are busy as there are crews rolling around everywhere for you.  I would like to know why your service and network has gone to [Removed] in the last few months.  You were the best in the nation which is why I have been with you for over 10 yrs.  Now I am not so sure you are anymore.  Guess we will see how your service is in Maryland this weekend.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes