Service on train to and from Chicago west suburbs (Metra BNSF)
Klen77

It's very frustrating to post in a topic, be replied to by a Verizon rep in that topic with follow up questions, and then find you can't reply to the follow up questions because the topic has been locked. 😐

So, I'm posting here since the issue was not resolved. 

I had posted about recently switching to Verizon from Sprint with the Do More Unlimited plan, and then noticing poor service every day when riding the Metra BNSF train line every day to and from Chicago and the near west suburbs, at these stops particularly (which had perfectly fast service on Sprint):

- Harlem Avenue (7135 Windsor Ave., Berwyn, Illinois 60402)

- Berwyn (6801 Windsor Ave., Berwyn, Illinois 60402)

- LaVergne (Windsor & Ridgeland Ave., Berwyn, Illinois 60402)

Here is the Verizon rep's reply, with my responses to the reply:

Many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. Being in a metal box moving at a higher speed and having possible 1000's of users using the network may have this impact and needs to be taken in to consideration. Are you getting off at these locations? How is service when you are outside of the train? Are other services impacted (calls or text)? - AlbertoR_VZW

This is not the problem. The Verizon service at the stops listed above is poor whether the train is moving or stopped, and in or out of the train. Bars drop down to one or two when in these locations. A family member who rides the same and is still on Sprint still has perfect service at these stops, so it is very much a Verizon problem.

Can you please address what the actual cause of problem is?

0 Likes
Re: Service on train to and from Chicago west suburbs (Metra BNSF)
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

First thing to think about is the phone, updated, age of phone, Roaming State, ever shutdown and battery removed, etc. So your phone is good. 

Smart Phones update network and roaming different then flip phones. No *228! Just power down and start the phone while in the area of poor signal.

Train is a big metal box but so is my car. Well there is a lot of plastic these days. Cellular should be okay. But if every one else is doing good different networks or Verizon network. Then the phone may have an issue. New out of the box or not. Hopefully not!

Last thoughts: Phone brought over from Sprint. (sprint software),  Provisioning the phone with Verizon proprietary stuff.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Klen77! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your service. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? What services are being impacted? Is it only occurring during your travel while on the train? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Klen77

I am on a brand new iPhone 11. When I switched over from Sprint I had an SE which I was told was too old to carry over. I haven't had any issues with the phone and service is fine elsewhere. It's just those particular stops on the train line which should not be an issue because they are well populated areas with houses, apartments, businesses, etc. and they have great service on Sprint. Which leads me to believe this is an issue that is within Sprint's control. 

0 Likes
Klen77

I meant to say Verizon's control in the last sentence of my previous message.

0 Likes