Service slow since switching to Verizon...
JENROB49

I just switched to Verizon (from ATT) a few days ago. I am on the unlimited plan. It seems that streaming everything is much slower with Verizon. Doing anything on my phone involving the internet is a slow process. Also, I've been using the mobile hotspot to stream on my smart tv (as I did with ATT) and on my computer, and streaming is extremely slow in comparison. Is there something else I can do to get better service on my devices?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service slow since switching to Verizon...
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a speed test first from your phone, and then the hotspot.

You'll want to use the Speedtest.net app first. Then, go to fast.com and reference a test from there. Finally, visit Google.com and just search "speed test" to be presented with a speed test from Google.

Recently, Verizon started to shape video traffic on their network dependent on the device. For Tablets, that's 1080p, whatever bandwidth that equates to, and on smartphones, that's 720p (basically 4-5Mbps is the limit Verizon set, which isn't good 720p). The fast.com test should show the bandwidth being shaped whereas the other speed tests, assuming you're not just in a congested area, should show much, much more.

0 Likes
Re: Service slow since switching to Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENROB49, we want your data experience to be going smoothly. Have you noticed that you are seeing these slower speeds at a specific location?  Is this only happening when streaming?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes