Shame On You Verizon... Student Discount
sassymamax2

I am beyond disappointed with Verizon for offering a student discount but then punishing your customers for doing additional business with you and not allowing them to take advantage of the discount. Per your website information it states-  Discount limited to max of 2 lines. Eligible students must be account owner or account manager; one offer per account. -- Then if you continue reading it states Accounts with 3 or more phone lines are not eligible. (all found here https://www.verizon.com/support/college-students-discount-faqs/#terms) 

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer since 2007. I started out with a  joint account with my ex husband and then split into my own account in 2012. I have always paid my bill on time, and I upgrade religiously every 2 years. I recently started back to college and found out using Unidays I was eligible for a student discount through Verizon. As a single mother I was beyond excited to take advantage of that. I have tried since January to get this taken care of and reflective on my bill and it never had been. I worked with a representative with your online chat this evening and she was able to credit my account for the 2 months I was eligible. She also informed me about the information above. You see yesterday I added a 3rd line to my account giving Verizon even more business but in doing that it disqualified me from receiving this discount. I ask many questions in regards to this policy the Chat Rep was unable to answer anything of course. My question to you Verizon is I was only asking the the $25 discount on the 2 lines yet because I am giving you more business you are going to punish me and not give me the discount at all? How does that make sense for your customers? I will continue to leave feedback and reviews on every website and social media platform I can find to get this information out there. I expect better from such a huge company. DO BETTER!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Shame On You Verizon... Student Discount
EdJ77

It just says the discount is limited to a max of two lines, not that if you have three you’re disqualified. Soooo 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sassymamax2, we understand the importance of making sure you have the best possible savings for your account. As you mentioned certain discounts do have a requirement of lines such as the student discount. However, we are happy to review your account for any additional possible savings. Please respond to the Private Note. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
Ineedanswers1

It's garbage some of the Verizon policies including this one. Other companies offer better discounts. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your feedback is critical to us, Ineedanswers1. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We will use your feedback to improve our processes moving forwards. You can stay up to date with discount information on our website using this link: https://www.verizon.com/discounts/

-Gerson

0 Likes