Shame shame Verizon.
RonSwanson
Enthusiast - Level 1
You know what's lame? The fact that we Verizon users have been
tearing our hair out simply waiting for the 1st GS4. But now there
are 2 newer GS4 models coming out soon after the standard GS4 and
they won't even be offered to Verizon. I mean really?

Ok I could understand not getting 1 or the other...but

NEITHER??? Absolute slap in the face. Last to get it...and by
that time outdated. I want the Active, cant have the Active, don't
understand why I can't get the Active, Been waiting for the GS4
device in general, but "NO!!!" Say the powers that be at Verizon...

Oh yay they moved the release date for those that pre order the

device (oh but you can only do that if your contract is up and plan
to renew...trust me I tried) May 30th to the 23rd...big freaking
deal.

It seems that Verizon does not have the backs of their customers as

they should IMO. Verizon you are not the cheapest service and you
know that. But we pay for the quality and reliability. Largest 4G LTE
network with the most customers utilizing it.

Ok so what that your LTE network speeds fell slightly behind AT&T?
That is totally understandable. We still get amazingly reliable
speeds and since AT&T is in its infancy they have less users on it.
So ok cool I got that. As They grow you will edge them out again,
this I know. On top of that I absolutely know that you are going to
lead the way on the new 4G LTE Advanced network and then ultimately
5G in the distant future.

I stay with you not for just stated above but also because I am one
of the few that still has unlimited data. Unthrottled constant 4G LTE
speeds without a cap.. I stay b/c of this and the amount of data I am
accustomed to.

So with that being said I WILL BE BUYING the GS4 out

right. At an outrageous price of probably $750 or so. But in a few
months that will have paid for itself b/c of data usage.

Just seems like loyal customers are getting the shaft while the ball
gets dropped over and over. Frustrating, demoralizing and a shame.

If T-mobile didn't JUST launch their 4G LTE network this year,

(having only a market share of barely 30) I would switch. They offer

unlimited 4G LTE without throttling. But they just don't have the market
yet.

But if you don't do something about this soon then you will

absolutely start losing more and more loyal customers as they put up
more and more towers. T-Mobile plans on reaching 200 million Americans with 4G LTE by
years end. Might be over ambiguous but definite reality check.

..Verizon I HATE to LOVE you...

Best regards even though I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears.

A Loyal customer, Armed service member and consumer.

Good luck

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shame shame Verizon.
Not applicable

First off no one told you a certain phone was being carried by Verizon. And secondly the device offered is right out there for you to make a phone decision no one is making you buy the phone. Besides why is it when a new phone is announced or a new update to the OS all I read is how everyone has to have it, then when they get it all I can read is my phone is not working, I don't have wifi, I should have bought the iphone, or the droid razr, or the LG this or that.

Verizon is only 30-45 days behind the other cell carriers. Big deal. the other carriers have fewer customers and naturally will push out a new device first to grab customers. Let the others leave.

And why the Military comment? I was honorably discharged from the Army back in 1976 it garners me no special treatment. And a loyal customer for a few years so its better to come here and rant.

This is a forum for help with a device, is your device non functional.

And you pay full price because you have two choices. You want unlimited so you pay full price. You subsidize and you pay less and you lose unlimited.

0 Likes
RonSwanson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use an unusually large amount of data. 13-17 Gigs a month. Wasn't stated yet implied.

Obviously it was never stated or "promised". It was flat out said that the only 2 companies getting these devices are T-Mobile and AT&T.

>> comments removed; please refrain from making condescending remarks <<

You missed the point completely. Another thing. I put that I am in the armed services because I take pride in it. I know patience  >> profanity removed <<  But this is just ridiculous. As a consumer just seems like it should not happen.   >> personal comments removed <<

You assume that I feel entitled to "special treatment" b/c of this? Ridiculous.

Yes it is MY choice b/c this is a free market and, as I stated, I WILL be purchasing the phone at cost for my data. If you want the math of how much it would cost a month for me to have enough data without going over here it is  >> comments removed; please refrain from making condescending remarks <<

Roughly $100 for my plan. That includes 2GB of data. Well since I use anywhere between 13-17 a month I would need to add 11-15 gigs on top. So lets see @ $10 a Gig that is another 110-150 dollars in addition to my nearly $100 monthly service bill.

Ok so lets say I pay that every month. Next question how many months will it take for me to reach the cost of the phone?...

Very good probably a little less than 7 months. So in 7 months or less my phone would have made up for the difference, I still have unlimited and then I'm not basically paying double for the same exact plan that I have now.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

649.99 to buy the phone at full retail price

0 Likes
RonSwanson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Plus tax, activation. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Just tax, no activation or upgrade fee since you already have a line of service and are paying full retail.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
RonSwanson
Enthusiast - Level 1

HAHA well that wasn't what the gentlemen told me yesterday at my local Verizon Wireless. Nice to know.

0 Likes
Not applicable

>> comments deleted; please stay on topic <<

you have unlimited and said you would pay the $750 but you didn't like the idea but because you use a lot of data you will come out ahead.

AT&T has the 4s in 16&32 Gb you are only offered 16GB on Verizon , if you don't like the choice then switch to AT&T ot TMobile no one but you has the choice. The phone is on verizon. You wish to have another make of phone, verizon doesn't carry it. Simple choice is to go where they do carry it.

0 Likes
RonSwanson
Enthusiast - Level 1

My apologies, I misread that.   >> comments removed; please refrain from making condescending remarks; please stay on topic <<

It's not the 750 that bothers me. It's the fact that we waited so long for this and now there are 2 new GS4s coming out roughly around the time that Verizon customers will be just able to purchase the first release. 30-45 days in technology might as well be a year.

Cool yeah AT&T does offer them in 16/32 but do you know what expandable memory is? Because if you do that doesn't matter. >> personal comments removed << I gave my reasons for staying with Verizon. I just wanted to rant.  >> comments removed <<

One more time...AT&T does not have unlimited data.

T-Mobile does but they are only in about 30 markets.

Verizon is in 490 or so. I believe Verizon has about 96 or 97% 4G LTE coverage.

So why would I not pay full price when it is the smartest thing. I keep my data, non throttled, and get the best coverage nationwide..

My point was that I simply don't understand why these phones are not being made available to Verizon. At this point neither are announced. Maybe that will change. But by then i'll probably have my GS4.

If T-mobile had a larger market then maybe I would switch. But they don't. (read period out loud)

0 Likes
Not applicable

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/797636  I see your other post is riddled with entitlement. Just let the rest of the folks here see your rant.  One thing I am proud of is my honesty. And my reading skills and technological savvy.  "Reserves"..............  ASDFGHJKL;

0 Likes