Re: ShareEverythin Plan - TOO EXPENSIVE - Rip OFF
budone
Legend

As glob and tidbits have stated, you can keep your current plan when upgrading, minus the unlimited data if you want a subsidized phone. However to do this you must you the Verizon Wireless website or a corporate store.

However the safest and surest way to keep your plan is to get your upgraded phone at VZW Site. The web site does not care about a commission! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

rexsichic wrote:

You might want to verify this before upgrading and being stuck in the new plan. I had numerous people tell me, from store to customer service and even Best Buy, that if we didn't upgrade my boyfriend's line before the plan changes took effect, we would be forced into the new plan. We upgraded the night before the new plan hit. We were told the next time we upgrade, we will have no choice but to move to the new plan.

I'm assuming that you were responding to post #7 in this thread.  As many others have stated, you can keep your existing plan if you were an existing customer prior to June 28th.  Maybe reading this in writing on VZW's website would help...go to the fourth paragraph of this page.

http://youreguide.vzw.com/a2/new-share-everything-plan/

As for me, there's no need to worry.  I'm not in a typical upgrade situation regardless of the Share Everything plans.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

rexsichic wrote:

I'll try this one more time....I said I had several customer service employees and store employees tell me this, as well as employees at an authorized retail store and Best Buy. Verizon Wireless employees are included in there.

maybe i can help clear this up. i JUST did this and kept our current plan. i upgraded my wife's phone to a smartphone, kept our calling plan (and my unlimited data plan), and told the gentleman that she'd like to select the individual, tiered data plan of 2 gigs/month. it was done a verizon corporate store 3 weeks ago. you most definitely CAN keep your plan that you have now (with the exception of unlimited data. you will have to choose 2 gigs for $30/month).

you've been misinformed, or as tidbits mentioned, you were actually at a verizon retail store. they look VERY much just like a corporate store, but they are not. on the doors or the sign or somewhere where they have the verizon logo, it says "authorized retailer" or something to that affect underneath.

0 Likes
rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Either I was misinformed by numerous Verizon Wireless Corporate employees, or some employees figured they would switch you over to the new plans by telling you it was mandatory to make a commission. I am a former Verizon Wireless Corporate employee myself and saw that done all the time, since it was part of my job to correct billing errors when sales reps would put customers on the wrong plans in order to do just that....make a commission.

And thank you for the explanation of what a retailer looks like. I am well aware of the difference. Thank you,

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i would guess both. some likely misinformed you (and were misinformed themselves, as my experience has been that MANY of their employees don't know their own policies) and some likely are shifty sales people. i just wanted to point out that you do not have to switch. also, i'm glad you know the difference in stores, but you'd be surprised at how many customers don't know the difference.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

rexsichic wrote:

Either I was misinformed by numerous Verizon Wireless Corporate employees, or some employees figured they would switch you over to the new plans by telling you it was mandatory to make a commission. I am a former Verizon Wireless Corporate employee myself and saw that done all the time, since it was part of my job to correct billing errors when sales reps would put customers on the wrong plans in order to do just that....make a commission.

If you saw this done all the time when you were correcting those errors, why didn't you try to find the answer somewhere other than the word of the person trying to sell the phone? It seems you had a reason NOT to believe what you were being told, yet you went ahead and did just that.

rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Find the answer somewhere else....where would you suggest, a public forum of angry customers? Instead I got the answer from multiple Verizon Wireless Corporate store employees, Verizon Wireless Corporate customer service employees and authorized retail employees. Unfortunately, speaking to anyone associated with Verizon Wireless would put me in a spot for a sales pitch. However, by telling me I will be forced into a new plan I have already told them I wanted no part of, they would've lost any sale I was interested in giving them. Giving me false information and telling me I would NOT be forced into the new plan by upgrading is more along the lines of the point I was trying to make.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

But saying "you would NOT be forced into the new plan by upgrading" is NOT giving you false information. This is CORRECT information and at least one person has already pointed you to an official Verizon site stating exactly this. So to answer your question, you would have gotten the correct information had you come here.

Share Everything info...

As 21stNow stated, look at the 4th paragraph for this information "Of course, if you prefer your existing Verizon plan, you can stay with it."

0 Likes
rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

The new plans started 6/28. That website is dated 7/11. We upgraded 6/27. This wouldn't have helped me.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

There were similar Verizon sites prior to the change with information stating you would not be forced into the new plan. I just pointed to this one instance as it was convenient and already in this thread.

Edit: HERE is one right now dated at least 2 weeks before the change.