Re: ShareEverythin Plan - TOO EXPENSIVE - Rip OFF
iateyourcat

No, the access fee is $40.  That gives me unlimited text and minutes for a smartphone.  Basic phones are $30 per device for unlimited text and minutes.

I also have to have, at minimum, a data plan.  The cheapest, 1GB/month, is $50.  As someone who uses mostly wireless data that's not reasonable.

On the other end of the spectrum, if I planned to use a lot of data (movies/music/etc) I can't imagine paying $150 for 20GB.  That's what, a couple 1080p movies?

I'll be really interested to see how Skype and the like develop as super wifi rolls out.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

Easily remedied.  Don't be trendy, stay on 4g.

0 Likes
Not applicable

iateyourcat wrote:

No, the access fee is $40.  That gives me unlimited text and minutes for a smartphone.  Basic phones are $30 per device for unlimited text and minutes.

I also have to have, at minimum, a data plan.  The cheapest, 1GB/month, is $50.  As someone who uses mostly wireless data that's not reasonable.

Actually if you look at how it's set up your wrong. If the minutes and texting were on the deice fee then why would an account with nothing but basic phones be required to get a data plan when basic phones are not required to have data plans? It CLEARLY states the minutes and texting are part of the data plan.

Unlimited Talk & Text with 1GB Shared Data

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plan-information/?page=share-everything

0 Likes
Lily13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, Cost is the issue! We want plans that are cost effective for families who have family plans and not more expensive. Yes, I know I do not have to switch but the point is that we :the customers" are asking for a plan that is reasonable in cost not one that cost more.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The answer is another carrier.  If one isn't going to provide you with what you want then switch.  As I already said multiple times...  If Verizon never offered me what I agree to then I am gone.  Brand loyalty should never exist.  They want your money make them work for it.

Lily13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that is why I posted this to voice my concerns and Yes I wrote corporate to let them know my thoughts in hopes they will respond with a better plan in the future in the meantime I will certainly shop around. I have been with Verizon for over 10 years and would like to stay if they come up with a better priced plan that is reasonable and affordable for family plans if not they may loose me as a customer and I am sure others too! Charging more for data on a family plan $50 for one gb instead of $30 for 2gb is ridiculous!  I did try switching because I was told I would save but when the bill came it was a whole lot more then I was told and immediately switched back to my old plan.  Just not happy with there new plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Lily13 wrote:

Yes, Cost is the issue! We want plans that are cost effective for families who have family plans and not more expensive. Yes, I know I do not have to switch but the point is that we :the customers" are asking for a plan that is reasonable in cost not one that cost more.

The point is it may be more for YOU but that's you. There are many that ARE in fact saving money You can't take YOUR experience and then extrapolate that to means that's the way it is for everyone.

0 Likes
Lily13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I am not saving money and some may be but I also know I am not the only one that is NOT saving money and that this plan is more expensive. So for those people I am speaking out! 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Lily13 wrote:

Well I am not saving money and some may be but I also know I am not the only one that is NOT saving money and that this plan is more expensive. So for those people I am speaking out! 

Well that's just like anything. A Big Mac Value Meal saves money for those that want a Big Mac fries and a drink. For those than just wants a Big Mac and fries or a Big Mac and a drink or a just a Big Mac it does not.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Brian68 wrote:

Lily13 wrote:

Well that's just like anything. A Big Mac Value Meal saves money for those that want a Big Mac fries and a drink. For those than just wants a Big Mac and fries or a Big Mac and a drink or a just a Big Mac it does not.

I only want a few fries and 6 oz of Coke, why do they make me pay for the whole thing? Maybe they should have a Family Share Meal! But I'm sure they'd give you a gazillion fries and a gallon of Coke, but only 1 Big Mac, what a ripoff!!

0 Likes