Should Verizon honor their word?
f8lrebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a fairly new Verizon customer, and I wanted to ask the community what they believe Verizon should do in the following situation. We currently have 5 phones on the more everything plan. When I added my line, I chose the LGG2 because I need a big phone and they were free with a new line at the time. I reviewed the specs for the phone and it was not as large as the Note 2( what I was used too) but the LGG2 I thought would be large enough.

However, I am very UN- happy with the LGG2, However, I am only two months into a new contract. I wondered if the Edge program would help me out. I signed on to Verizon, and asked a Customer Service Rep if I could change my line to the Edge plan without adding another line. I asked about the cost of making such a move. The rep responded that making that change would be no trouble at all, and that I did indeed qualify. vThe rep told me to keep the chat box open, and that he could assist me through the process. I wanted to discuss the move with my wife and I thought how hard could it be. I did not thibnk I would need assistance and so I I left the computer. I came back a couple hours later, and tried to make the transaction on my own, but there was one thing that stopped me. at checkout it stated that 699.00 was due now. Well I had selected the Samsung Note 3 under the Edge plane and the payment was supposed to be 29.xx per month an so the 699 due now made me nervous. I cancelled the Transaction, and decided to get support to Walk me through the process and at the same time I could confirm all fee increases and make sure that I was going to get a payment agreement on the note 3.

I opened a chat window, and told the Rep what I wanted to do, and they again checked to see if I could upgrade. They came back and stated that it would not be a problem. I verified the increase amount to my total bill which includes 5 phones I asked about the cart screen stating the 699 due now, and the Rep informed me that was normal becuase the account would get charged the 699, but he assured me that I would only have to pay the 29.xx and t hat with the current promotion I was actually going to have a 19,00 increase to my bill due to the discount received from the current Edge promotion  which is a discount on line Access. He went on to quote that if I added all my phones to edge, and increased our data to 10GB, My increase would only be 4 bucks a month. We discussed that but I did not want to make the change until the next month so I would not be charged a pro-rated amount for changing plans mid month. So, I decided to push the last payment button ,and my internet connection had went down. I could not get it tack online an it was late so I went to bed.

Today, I tried to finish the transaction, However, I decided to call rather than go online. This time I was not eligible to go to the Edge until my phone was due for an upgrade.  almost two years from now. I was very upset and confused.The Rep kept telling me that new customers had to wait for their upgrade unless there was a promo. I asked if a promo had been in place prior, and ran out to explain the change. Nope that wasn't it.

I was very upset, mostly disappointed because for the last 24 hours, I believed I had found a solution to my cell phone woes.  When I type a text message I have to type it 3 to four times at the least, but mostly more like 5 or 6 times, and I can not stand the thought of being stuck for almost two years. I could not let it go. I went back to the computer and opened a live chat, and I was not eligible again according to the Rep due to the upgrade date.. I did however, remember that I had saved the  transcript of the chat sessions from the previous  sessions and I presented it to the Customer Service Rep, by pasting the transcript  in the Chat window. This rep informed me that the previous Reps did not check eligibility, and I said that they told me I was eligible, well he then came vback and said he done some more checking and that it was a credit issue. I informed him that there was no way that my credit had changed in one day and how the other Reps were chomping at the bits to get this deal done. The last rep confirmed that there had not been any promotions run out, and that all the info he had given to me would have been available to the all the other reps

Well I became furious because frankly, I have never been treated so poorly by a company. I believe the last two Reps were acting in good faith and I do not want to take away from them but, I did state tell the last Rep, I thought Verizon should honor the deal and by doing so they would be honoring their customer rather than Sacrificing a customer that pays for 5 smart phones per month and that it was a definite deal breaker if Verizon does not come vback an honor the original deal stipulated by the original Rep.. Unfortunately I am trapped for almost two years since I am not going to pay 5 times 350 early cancellation

I smell a little bit of fraud and am going to bring it to the attention of the Au tourney General , but I want to know what the community thinks. Please leave a comment. I acted in good faith by asking about the edge plan and if changing my plan would be possible. I was told yes twice, and nothing as far as data or promotions changed between The first reps saying yes, and the last two saying not eligible  and changing stories as to why.

Do you feel that Verizon should back up the words of their Customer Service Representatives and honer the deal or do you believe that Verizon should Sacrifice their customer with 5 smartphone lines

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Should Verizon honor their word?
Not applicable

Quite frankly you never should have contacted Verizon until you were totally ready to commit. You state you left the chat window open when the rep was helping you, then went to bed.

Then you tried online and did not complete the transaction and then the computer was the blame.

Quite frankly your situation was caused by you and not Verizon wireless. No poll of what anyone thinks is necessary.

Maybe you have learned by your actions and will follow through when you have the chance next time.

Credit is extended as what Verizon deems acceptable. If you don't meet their standards no credit is extended.

Good luck at your new provider if you decide to leave. Just hope coverage is good where you live or work or vacation.

0 Likes
f8lrebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Elector, I m not sure how you came up with your statement,  I was ready to commit as soon as I was told I was eligible by the first rep and I only took pause to discuss my plans with my wife. It is called respect. Further, I was trying to complete the transaction the second time, and was on the last screen, when the Rep kept trying to convince me to change my data plans to 10 GB. Had I not stopped to analyse why I would or wouldn't want to increase my data. The deal would have been done. However, after two minute, I continued the transaction only to discover, the page did not load because my internet connection went down .not my computer It was the ISP.. Further I left the chat window opened because there was information that I wanted to retain  from our conversation. I did not leave the Rep hanging or abandon the transaction as you make it sound.  I spent at least 30 to 40 minutes trying to diagnose the connection and get back online to finish but it was 1:30 to 2::00 am. However, and again it says something towards the customer service. If the tables were turned and I was the rep, given the conversation that took place between the Rep and Myself. Had I lost communication with the customer. I would have reached out via a text message or what a novel Idea it would have been to simply call the customer to see if everything was going as planned or if they needed assistance.

Further, a persons credit doesn't change in one day, and who are you to say what is and is not necessary. That was rude. and it reminds me a lot of the culture that must be surrounding Verizon . As for my next provider, I am not worried because Ill never enter another contract with any provider, as for quality of service. Verizon is the only provider that drops calls here

0 Likes
tttlllx3
Enthusiast - Level 1

From personal experience, if you speak with five different representatives you will be told five different stories.  The inconsistency is unbelievable!  Initially, I believed that Verizon was the best thing since sliced bread, but my opinion has changed. I'm sorry that you are caught up in the Verizon web.  My sentence will be up in March 2015. 

f8lrebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

tttlllx3

Thanks for the reply, and I am beginning to see the picture, and my biggest mistake was getting in touch with Verizon n the first place. Many people think Verizon is number one, only because they spend the most in Advertising, and they have you locked in for two years. Verizon, you better not on lock those chains anytime soon, you might find your company left wanting for customers

0 Likes
Not applicable

My reply was not to cast blame, it was in what I read in your post.

I was under the impression the chat session was just left open and the rep just went away due to inactivity. My error.

The credit statement was due to Verizon does not give credit to every customer. And to those they do extend it to can lose it for even one late payment etc. It was not in reference to your FICO score. Or ratings at the credit bureaus. Again my error for not fully explaining.

Additionally when you go to order on line and the transaction is not finalized the odds are as I have read here been that what once was eligible is now not eligible. In addition if you make any change to your account during the month, it often freezes you out from doing any changes until the next month. Hense my comment of being willing to commit and being prepared.

Calling in further messes up your account that was also as a warning to you to save you some grief.

After a gazillion years with Verizon I have learned to be proactive versus reactive.

Good Luck

0 Likes
sars1138
Enthusiast - Level 3

You must be month to month to do an edge upgrade, or a 2 year upgrade for that matter. Since you are already in a contract for your current phone LG G2 which you got for free, you cannot do edge or 2 year upgrade till your current contract is complted. You would have the option of buying the Note 3 at full retail, and maybe sell LG G2 as private seller to off set the cost of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Also you could call or go to a corp store to see if you can maybe do an Edge upgrade early on your line, would not hurt to check.

0 Likes
Not applicable

This reply would have been better if I was the poster with the issues.

I was a replyer to the thread.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

f8lrebel,

Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're excited to have you with us! I certainly apologize for the problems you had while attempting to upgrade. I understand how important it is to have a phone you'll love. Normally, our customers will qualify for Edge when the line is eligible for a normal upgrade or during a promotion. In this case, promotions do expire and can change at anytime, if not used when offered. I apologize for the inconvenience. Nonetheless, we want your device running smoothly, to help your messaging app run smoothly go to Settings>App>Application Manager>Messaging or Text Messages>Force Stop.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tttlllx3,

Your time and business is truly valued and we apologize if any past experiences have led you to feel this way. Here to help turn things around.

Please share more details on your recent experience so that we may better assist you and make sure that all concerns are addressed. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes