Sick of Paying too much for Wireless Phone Service -I feel Gouged!
Long-Time-Customer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a customer of VerizonWireless for more than a decade and paying "$129/Service Charges" for 2 phones but the taxes + other so called fees are $30+!!  That is CRAZY! 

My boss recently told me of a company "Tingwww.ting.com that offers a smorgasbord style plan selection, you pay for what you want and if you do not use your minutes or data, they bump you down to the lower priced bracket and you get credited that amount.

My boss is paying around $65 for the Ting cellphone service for his wife and mom!  He get's a free Verizon phone through our company otherwise he would be on that plan too.  Ting piggybacks off of Sprint towers so the coverage is not as good as Verizon but good enough to use and when I compare what I'm paying on average $150+ a month vs. $65  that is about $85+ a month/ $780+ a year, that's a no-brainer!

I don't want to leave Verizonwireless, I love the service, the Customer Service is pretty good, it used to be better (I think it's a generational issue, "Outside the box thinkers vs. Follow-Order Functionaries") but $780+ is a lot of money.  I hope Verizon catches onto Ting's concept and pricing before my contract expires in Aug. when they may lose my long-time $1,920.00+/year cell phone account.

Labels (1)