Sign in failed
pjwerz

I get notifications on my phone that say verizon sign in failed . When I open it it says server password has changed.I still send and receive emails normally .

So how do I correct this issue

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sign in failed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pjwerz, we want to make sure you can use your phone without any error messages at all. Hearing that this is happening is concerning but we will get to the bottom of this for you. What kind of phone do you have? When did you first notice this issue started happening? Do you have more than one email account signed in on the phone? Please share some additional information so that we can assist you further.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pjwerz

Galaxy s5 started to do this after last update . It does tell me verizon

sign in failed .The only other account is gmail

Paul

On Jan 29, 2015 5:37 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pjwerz

Thanks for clarifying! Just to make sure, you have both Verizon and Gmail email accounts on your phone? Can you walk me through what you do on your phone to cause this message to appear and how you dismiss it?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pjwerz

I do nothing the notification comes a couple of times a day . I can dismiss it by just tapping on clear when I drag down the notification bar at the top

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information pjwerz! You indicate that this issue started after latest software update, please do a factory reset to clear any potential conflict from previous and latest system files and test. http://vz.to/16bKOqq Please ensure to uncheck at step number 3 **Very important**.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
AnneWho

I have the same problem as the OP.  I get multiple notices daily that sign-in failed.  I use a Galaxy S3 and a Note 10.1 and the notices come up on both devices.  This has been going on for ages and did not begin following a software update.  I see people with the same issue on various message boards and no one seems to have a solution.  Doing a factory reset is the easiest answer for Verizon, but I prefer not to burn down my house to get rid of a few termites.

0 Likes
SkyWriter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue as well.  It started a few months ago with my Galaxy S3 and there was no recent update to the OS.  I purchased a Note 4 last week, created new email accounts (didn't transfer them from the old phone) and still have the issue.  The issue with with my Verizon email accounts.  I'm not resetting my phone to factory settings to fix this...it's apparent that it's happening to a fair amount of people across different phones.  Verizon needs to find a fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to get your email working again SkyWriter! When did you notice this happening? What error messages are you getting? Are other emails working fine? Please share details so we can further assist.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AnneWho

VWCS, Skywriter already gave you the information you are requesting, as did I, tho my message has been ignored.

When did you notice this happening? Months ago.  What error messages are you getting?  Sign-in failed.

Are other emails working fine? The issue is only with with my Verizon email accounts. 

There are identical messages all over the message boards and Verizon hasn't responded with a solution to any of them, including the OP on this thread (factory reset the device is not a solution - its a cop-out and it doesn't work anyway).  We can still send and receive emails from these accounts, but the error messages are frustrating.  When you figure out the cause, and a true solution, please let us know.

0 Likes