Re: Sign in failed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the redundant question, and do appreciate the summary, AnneWho.

A lot of this can be due to Verizon/Yahoo! changing things on their backend with regards to ports and their email servers, etc. This can cause a lot of the sign in issues and messages that you are receiving. Yahoo! does recommend the use of their email app for your email needs.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AnneWho

Thanks Nicandro. The problem is with my verizon.net (Fios) email addresses

on my Samsung devices using the built-in email apps. I don't want to use

the Yahoo app. It can only create additional opportunities for problems to

add a 3rd party to the mix. I agree the problem has to do with Verizon

changing things on the back end. After so many months, I would think

Verizon could figure out how to fix a problem that so many customers are

experiencing.

On Feb 19, 2015 2:55 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
SkyWriter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously, this has become a complete joke.  The issue is with verizon emails, using verizon wireless service, across multiple different platforms.  The only commonality is the verizon network, so that must be where the trouble is located.  Does verizon have any change management in place so that when they make a change, as you suggested is the issue, they can identify when that change causes issues for their users so it can be rolled back?  Or is it just a full speed ahead we don't care about the customer experience.  It would seem to be the latter.

0 Likes
pjwerz

Yahoo has nothing to do with this issue . I have been to Verizon company

store and have dealt with their tech people . Nobody has an answer to the

problem but keeps telling everybody it's in the software and Verizon is

working on it.

Hogwash they got our money and the bottom corporate line goes like oh well

nothing we can do

On Feb 19, 2015 2:55 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your feedback is appreciated. We would be glad to submit this information to the software team to see how this can be corrected.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SkyWriter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hahahahha....sure you will.  The issue is starting to occur more frequently.  Keep pretending like you care.

0 Likes
AnneWho

Haven't heard from VWCS in awhile - when can we expect this issue to be fixed???

0 Likes
rcross98

I got the same thing. I would send emails and sometimes they would go through but most times would fail. I just read that you select SSL under security in account settings and it worked for me.

0 Likes
AnneWho

Still waiting for help from verizon.  I recently bought a new S5 and it behaves the same - I get notifications repeatedly that sign-in failed, even though emails are delivered all day long.  Granted it's not a faulty ignition switch, but how long can Verizon ignore something so annoying?

0 Likes
zelda12

Did this issue ever get an appropriate response from Verizon?  I'm experiencing the same annoying issue.

0 Likes