Signal Degradation
Zapoo

Not sure where the best place to ask this is, but everything else I kept seeing was for device support. Over the past three days, everyone at my office that has Verizon Service for their cell phones, have been receiving very slow 4g service, often taking a few minutes or more to open up a different webpage. When making calls, the calls sound as if they never even start ringing, but apparently the recipient receives the call, even though the caller cannot hear them. Text messages and e-mails will often come in delayed as well. I am trying to find out if there are any cell towers that have gone down or why we are experiencing signal degradation issues at our geographic location. We are located at  77507. Thank you for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal Degradation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zapoo,

While indoor coverage, such as inside an office building, has never been guaranteed, let's check that out. How is the phone when you are not indoors? Do you have access to Wi-Fi while at work?

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aeedwards

My cell service has really degraded in the last 3-4 weeks. I am dropping calls and/or my conversation being so choppy that the person on the other end cannot understand what I am saying. Extremmly frustrating and I have lost business recently as I could not get back to a cuastomer to discuss a proposal. I have my phone set-uyo get in my Wi-Fi when I don't have cell service but the problem is a am showing 1-2 bars on my phone so it is not jumping on the WiFi network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disappointed to hear of your connection issues. Let's get this figured out. When did the problem start? What are your cross streets and city of where this issue is happening? Is this issue happening indoors? - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
clk2

I'm in area code 48140, nearest crosstreet is Southfield and Locherbie.

My signal used to be pretty good, now I can't receive/send calls from within my house and it isn't great in my yard, 2 bars.  Something is amiss.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
clk2
We don't want you to miss anything on our wireless network. At this time, no issues have been reported in Ida, Michigan. Let's take a closer look at your device. Did anything different recently happen on your device? Did you update the software on your phone or download a new application to it? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
clk2

Entered wrong zip, 48025. Not Ida,  Beverly Hills MI, northern suburb of Detroit

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that clarification, clk2. We're not finding any network issues for Beverly Hills/Franklin, MI. Outside of a dropped call issue that was impacting certain iPhone devices before a software fix was made available, there's also been no service related tickets filed in that area this year. 

When it comes to in-building penetration, customers may experience poor reception due to the following:

" Window Insulation/Tinting
" Foil-based Roof Insulation
" Metal Roofing (eg. Colorbond)
" Concrete & Brick
" Metal Support Structures
" Large Metallic Surfaces (eg. Garage Roller Doors)
" Copper Plumbing & Wiring
" Terrains (Tree foliage, bodies of water, etc.)

Aluminum foil, and other electrically conductive metals such as copper, can reflect and absorb the radio waves and consequently interferes with their transmissions.

If applicable, Wi-Fi calling may be a good solution for making calls while inside of your home. You'll find the steps to enable this service under Wi-Fi Calling Setup and Use here:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes