Signal Degraded in Boston & Other Parts of East Coast
BostonJackB

Anyone else seen this lately?

I thought it was confined to my phone (Nokia Lumia 822) but I've troubleshooted as much as possible, and now have come to find that everyone I know who have a VZW phone in Boston and NYC has a degraded signal to 3G from 4G over the past 2-3 weeks.

Anyone at VZW care to comment on what's causing the 4G outage?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Signal Degraded in Boston & Other Parts of East Coast
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BostonJackB

I'm not aware of a widespread issue. Let's work together and get to the bottom of this. What zip code are you in? Does service improve outside?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
BostonJackB

Hi Joe,

That's unfortunate not even VZW is aware of the issue, I'm starting to see this here in the forums including someone who lives in the same town (area code is 02453):

From 4G to 3G to 1x

And elsewhere (all posts in the past week):

No longer able to get 4G

LG G2 stuck on 3G. Never seen 4 G

How to get my Samsung S3 to recognize the 4G network?

What is going to be done about subpar LTE coverage in Pittsburgh & Detroit?

Poor 4G after latest update on Droid DNA

3G to 1X...WHY?!?!?!??

Also, starting to show large spikes in service issues lately:

http://downdetector.com/status/verizon-wireless

Raise it your supervisor, or someone, before one of the media outlets starts digging into it.

0 Likes
Mattikers

I've seen the same thing in Western Mass.  (I'm outside of Springfield.)  I have a Galaxy s4, and as soon as it got the KitKat update, it started struggling with 4G.  Now it's mostly a 3G phone, though I'm still paying 4G prices.  Not happy.  Any way to get things back to good?

0 Likes
BostonJackB

This guy pointed out a pretty interesting detail:

LTE has been abysmal for the last two weeks

0 Likes
BostonJackB

Mattikers, as the guy pointed out in:

LTE has been abysmal for the last two weeks This may be more of an overall network issue then a phone issue (as this issue I've seen has spanned every kind of device). It sounds like, from what I can tell, that with the newest updates pushed our recently across all the Android phones and others that VZW is experiencing a spectrum crunch for which they were not prepared for (that's what happens when you don't invest in the network). Could be wrong, but all indications seem to point to at least regional breakdowns in bandwidth which VZW doesn't want to admit to.

Get it fixed VZW.

0 Likes
cctpitts01

Im experiencing the same issue here in Charlestown and all over Downtown Boston. I have been in contact with Verizon care on the phone, in store, in chat and most recently on Twitter expressing my anger with this issue. For instance yesterday on a Sunday i was in Boston and the service was running really slow data wise and when i did a speedtest i was getting an average between 0.49-1.45 download speeds and i have the screenshots to prove it and that was doing 11 test in different locations all over Boston on both my phone and my fiancee phone. But the XLTE devices are getting some better speeds then i am with my HTC One M7 Smiley Sad. Yet they claim there not aware of the issue??? I have seen threads all over the place. At this point Verizon is comparable to Sprints 3g network.

0 Likes