Signal booster
pstager101

Is there some way I can boost the signal to my Samsung 3 phone.  I live in a mobile home and don't get good signal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Signal booster
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pstager101, service when you need it most is what we strive for! What zip code are you located in? Do you by chance have highspeed internet access? If so, we do have our Network Extender that acts like a mini cell tower in your home to boost and amplify signal. View details here: http://vz.to/1cZhsvd

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pstager101, service when you need it most is what we strive for! What zip code are you located in? Do you by chance have highspeed internet access? If so, we do have our Network Extender that acts like a mini cell tower in your home to boost and amplify signal. View details here: http://vz.to/1cZhsvd

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pstager101

I am located in zipcode 17090 and have cable internet access but it does not help.

0 Likes
pstager101

I cannot afford this option.  Are there any other options?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information pstager101! If the Network Extender doesn't work you can power off the phone and remove/insert the sim card periodically in effort to receive the best signal.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jackson_james_2014

Google this: "Cell Phone Signal Boosters" and make sure you browse for CDMA compatible devices. Many of them are complete JUNK though so watch out, although I've used some that have been effective (if you have decent service outside your home). Read all the booster product reviews (not just the few on top haha) and double check that you're looking at a signal booster for your *home not your *car...and again continue to make sure that the device is for CDMA (Verizon) not GSM (Others).

FYI: Signal Boosters are simply antennas that run from outside your home that re-direct the available outdoor cell signal to an indoor booster that acts as a sort of "WiFi router" if you will, in which it creates a bubble of signal directly around the indoor boost antenna. Now if the signal you have outside your home is completely lacking/non-existent (not even a single strong point, normally on the roof is best if possible) then yes the Verizon Network Extender is your best and only option. The network extender basically takes Verizon's service through the cable lines to your home (as they would for internet service) and create a "mini cell tower," if you will, in your home. Very cool. Very effective. Not very cheap.

P.S. Dear Verizon forum moderator(s), I would like to again reiterate that I do fully endorse the use of said Verizon Network Extender as it is the best option for one with bad cell phone service at home.

0 Likes