Signal strength acceptable, but no bandwidth in the center of a 13,000 town?
jgriffi540
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had the worst chat discussion with a "live agent" (hint, it's not a live agent until you wait for 20 min for the live agent) imaginable but persistent zero bandwidth that seems to geographically centered in the middle of Show Low, AZ (population 12,000 plus, also humorously has a branded Verizon store in the epicenter of the issue).  I was told that "no service is guaranteed."  Thanks for caring Verizon.  I spend upwards of 10,000 per year on several phone lines for zero bandwidth in the middle of town (this has been a consistent problem since I moved here almost a year.  So no, I don't need an answer like "it all depends on the areas and its infrastructure, then line of sight to the tower, and the buildings blocking the signal.  it can also be due to the traffic and high demand in the area."  Please don't assume that all Verizon customers have an IQ of 30.  The nearby tower is obviously oversubscribed, and I have to be at least the 11,999th person to complain about this by now.  So I'd love to know (and I am sure others would also, so thanks for the soon to be worthless offer of a "private message") what investment Verizon is going to make in this area to accommodate the subscribers?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Signal strength acceptable, but no bandwidth in the center of a 13,000 town?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon is always updating, and adding more cell towers everyday all over the country. As the towns need more cell towers due to growth, or a frequent tourist town. Verizon takes the steps to start the process of getting more towers in the area. *Rhonda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Signal strength acceptable, but no bandwidth in the center of a 13,000 town?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon is always updating, and adding more cell towers everyday all over the country. As the towns need more cell towers due to growth, or a frequent tourist town. Verizon takes the steps to start the process of getting more towers in the area. *Rhonda

0 Likes
jgriffi540
Enthusiast - Level 1

oh ok.  well in that case I guess I'll just shut up and pay my thousand dollar bill and wait for a few years to see if the bandwidth situation improves.  sorry to waste your time!

Drumsing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in upstate NY and its the exact same. While I don't pay $10K/year for service, I'm only one person and my bill is plenty enough money to expect the service not to be, in many cases and areas, nearly useless. But you said it jgriffi540. Just shut up and pay the bill! Its not like I'll be inclined to upgrade to 5G either. While LTE costs this much and is such a drag, I can't imagine my frustration with Verizon 5G! 

I've been a Verizon Customer for a long, long time and I think that's about to change. I'm logging .3Mb/sec in the middle of a suburban area. That is pretty poor. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's never the experience we strive to provide, and most certainly wouldn't want to lose you as a customer! We value your time & are here to help! When did this issue start? Does the issue occur indoors or out? ~Christian

0 Likes
Drumsing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does it matter if its indoors or out? I'm in a suburb of Albany with a population of ~10k, have three bars showing and get internet speeds of .3 to .8 Mbps. The price for this kind of service simply doesn't add up! Its gotten way worse over the last year or so. It kind of seems to me that as Verizon has begun to deliver 5G service, LTE has gone seriously weak. That said, and from my view, I'm paying for 5G and not reaping the benefits of it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drumsing, I rely on my phone for many tasks, so I know how urgent a resolution is to keep you connected with reliable service. Our goal is to work toward a resolution. It was mentioned this happens indoors and outdoors. Does service improve when you leave the town? How are other services, such as calls and text working? 

-David

0 Likes