Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Signal strength acceptable, but no bandwidth in the center of a 13,000 town?
jgriffi540

I just had the worst chat discussion with a "live agent" (hint, it's not a live agent until you wait for 20 min for the live agent) imaginable but persistent zero bandwidth that seems to geographically centered in the middle of Show Low, AZ (population 12,000 plus, also humorously has a branded Verizon store in the epicenter of the issue).  I was told that "no service is guaranteed."  Thanks for caring Verizon.  I spend upwards of 10,000 per year on several phone lines for zero bandwidth in the middle of town (this has been a consistent problem since I moved here almost a year.  So no, I don't need an answer like "it all depends on the areas and its infrastructure, then line of sight to the tower, and the buildings blocking the signal.  it can also be due to the traffic and high demand in the area."  Please don't assume that all Verizon customers have an IQ of 30.  The nearby tower is obviously oversubscribed, and I have to be at least the 11,999th person to complain about this by now.  So I'd love to know (and I am sure others would also, so thanks for the soon to be worthless offer of a "private message") what investment Verizon is going to make in this area to accommodate the subscribers?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Signal strength acceptable, but no bandwidth in the center of a 13,000 town?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Verizon is always updating, and adding more cell towers everyday all over the country. As the towns need more cell towers due to growth, or a frequent tourist town. Verizon takes the steps to start the process of getting more towers in the area. *Rhonda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Signal strength acceptable, but no bandwidth in the center of a 13,000 town?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Verizon is always updating, and adding more cell towers everyday all over the country. As the towns need more cell towers due to growth, or a frequent tourist town. Verizon takes the steps to start the process of getting more towers in the area. *Rhonda

0 Likes
jgriffi540

oh ok.  well in that case I guess I'll just shut up and pay my thousand dollar bill and wait for a few years to see if the bandwidth situation improves.  sorry to waste your time!

0 Likes