Re: Silicon Valley, home of the SLOWEST 4G LTE Verizon data speeds
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

- I've accepted your follow request to connect 5 days ago, but I'm unable to send you a private message due to a follow request status of "Awaiting approval".   Any other Verizon CSRs that can help while is MIA?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I sincerely apologize for the delay in you receiving a reply. I confirmed with ArnettH_VZW that he's accepted your follow request and is anxiously awaiting your information through private message. We absolutely don't want to see you leave and appreciate your patience while our Network Team works hard to make improvements.

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

- Thank you Jennifer for responding.  I can see that an account connection was established and I have sent a direct message to Arnett with the Verizon ticket number for the outage.

I look forward to getting this outage resolved as it have been far too long since it was reported.

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

This is what Verizon 4G LTE speeds look like today in San Jose:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5464/9418452518_79706e8909_o.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@c1ph3r2u,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm sure once Arnett receives the direct message with the ticket number he will be more then happy to further assist you.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

Wow @c1ph3r2u, that is 10 times slower than merely slow. So in your area you seem to have 2 issues 1) Slow speeds even when you and your colleagues have good connections (3-4 bars) = too many users; 2) in  some areas you get 0 bars = holes in coverage area. Have you checked the next closest speedtest server? I get dramatically different results here in Baltimore, MD even with relatively equidistant servers like Washington, DC versus Frederick, MD. There use to be 2 servers in Baltimore (one gave dramatically slower results than the other). But then again, if you have colleagues getting good speeds on the same server at the same instant with another carrier like ATT or TMobile......then that's another story. Allegedly, advance LTE with higher speeds, will help a lot. I'm still getting 30 to 42 mbps in the best signal strength areas in Baltimore.

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

- Yes, your analysis is exactly the same thoughts as mine.  Verizon have failed miserably to scale properly for such a populated area.  Speedtest.net have lots of local servers available to test from, all of them reveal similiar (disturbing) results.  My colleagues on different carriers all get the data speeds they are paying for while at the locations I've reported so far.  Sad really, as Verizon has forever been the best network in coverage and reliability in Silicon Valley, but now even T-Mobile has much better coverage here than Verizon.  Good Grief!

I'm evaluating contract termination at this point since Verizon has only provided "sincere apologies" and not a single action or followup by anyone to fix this outage.  I can not continue to perform business with this data outage and Verizon has not revealed to me any inclination they will fix this outage in the two weeks since I've reported it.

c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

@JohnB_VZW - Sorry John, two business days (4 days total) have passed with no updates on the data outage in San Jose from anyone at Verizon.

Sincere apologies are always appreciated, but what is needed critically at this point is action from Verizon, not more broken promises for followup. 

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Monday, Aug. 5th speeds are looking worse...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--gXJldcFM5s/Uf_movhQIOI/AAAAAAAAEVA/FI9doSZQMUY/s2560/Screenshot_2013-08-05-10-50-50.png

0 Likes
TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2

Hate to be a bearer of bad news on this Wonderful Morning, Notice the carrier on the left bottom of the image

Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 11.29.02 AM.png

0 Likes