Skype Issues while using Verizon Hotspot for Internet Connection
LitakerMom

Hi,

I live out of town on a farm and am a remote worker. When my land line Internet goes down, I use my Verizon hotspot to connect to the Internet to work.  Our company uses Skype to IM and conference call.  We sometimes use GotoMeeting.  When I am using my Verizon hotspot to attend a Skype or GotoMeeting, my Skype connection goes down every time and/or the person on the other side can not hear me due to connection issues.  I have no issues with this disconnection while on my land line Internet.

Does Verizon block Skype via hotspot internet connection?  If not, is there a setting I need to change to get better connection.  This is critical to my work and Verizon Hotspot is my back-up Internet.  I pay for unlimited data and hotspot capabilities.

Please advise as to steps I can take to correct the issue.

Thank you!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Skype Issues while using Verizon Hotspot for Internet Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@LitakerMom,

I totally understand the importance of having a backup for your internet, especially for work.

Are you using the mobile hotspot on your cell phone or do you have a hotspot device? What device do you have? Are you using the mobile Skype app on your cell phone or the Skype app on your computer?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes