Slow 4G LTE in Nashville
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live near the airport in Nashville, TN and am getting terrible speeds during the day.  The past several weeks, I rarely get beyond a .30 mbs download. We had this issue here about 5 years ago and fortunately, we got a new tower right as I was planning a switch to T-Mobile, after about 1.5 years of horribly slow speeds.  I'm hoping it won't take that long again.

Re: Slow 4G LTE in Nashville
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erather, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. Making sure you have reliable data speeds is important. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details of your concern. Can you please clarify if all of your services are impacted including text and phone calls? How far do you have to travel from this location to receive a proper connection? Also, do you know if others in your area are having the same experience?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response.  So far, the only thing that's affecting my device is slow 4G LTE service.  It doesn't get better until later in the evening, and approximately 3-4 miles heading away from the airport. The device managed to get a 2.07 download (from Speedtest) just moments ago, but that's the fastest it's pulled so far today....most of them have been around 0.30.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the frustration of having diluted speeds. May I ask, what type of plan do you have? Are there others on your account having the same issue?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Galaxy Note 9 and am on the unlimited plan, and nobody else on my plan is having this issue, but they aren't near the airport during the day. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry this issue is persisting erather. Let's dig deeper into this. What zip code are you in and what are your nearest cross streets? Does service improve outside or in different parts of the zip code?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Zip is 37214, and the service doesn't improve when I move outside...only when I head away from the airport.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erather, thank you for the helpful information you provided. I thoroughly reviewed the area and found no service issues or alerts to report. Would you happen to know if you are on the Go Unlimited plan or on the Go Unlimited plan? The reason I ask is that your line may be under network management when the network is congested. This video explains network management. https://vz.to/2pU4Ras This link provides the steps you need to follow to see the plan you are on. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-your-plan/

We are standing by to assist you.

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes