Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
weaguilera
Member

Been a customer since 07 and in the last year I keep having terrible data speeds in a lot of areas in Fresno, CA and neighboring cities.

Not sure what's going on but I get issues daily. The inter on my phone becomes terribly slow and sometimes doesn't work at all. Not to browse nor even load emails. Phone and SMS sometime do not work as well but not as often as data.

I usually have LTE+ on my identifier and it still doesn't work well. I have 6 phones on my account and they all have the same issues, iPhones and Androids.

0 Likes
Re: Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Weaguilera, thank you so much for providing me with these details. We expect our customers always to have world-class cellular service. I do not see any reported outages or issues in the Fresno, CA area. How far would you need to travel before you can pick up better service? Have there been any changes to the phone or your account recently (new software, apps, or plan changes)? Also, when did you notice you started having these issues? Please keep me posted. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
weaguilera
Member

Started about a year ago, it seems like it's hit or miss when moving from the area with bad service. It can be a few feet to an entire part of the city. No new phone before this started happening and we have 6-7 different phones that usually do the same thing around the same areas. My wife and I can sit next to each other with completely different phones and have the same issue.

Re: Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
sherlock1956
Member

My family has the same poor reception that started within the past year.  All of a sudden we cant use our phones to make or receive calls unless were outside our house.  3 different phones all with the same problem.  Verizon is terrible.  Having to go outside and stand in the driveway to make or receive calls.  I'm seriously considering switching to some other provider and real soon too.

 

0 Likes
Re: Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Service concerns are not what we want for you. We would really hate to lose your business, so we would love to help. Has anything recently changed at home, such as a new roof, wall insulation or other home improvement? Is this issue only happening at home?

 

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
weaguilera
Member

Are you even reading my messages? If you were you can clearly tell that it's happening in more places than just my home.

The only thing that stopped me from switching to AT&T was our phone upgrade plans but I'm considering paying them off so I can switch. I have friends and family that have AT&T and don't have the same issues as me.

0 Likes
Re: Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are reading all of your messages, weaguilera. When troubleshooting an issue like this, we need to rule out the easy problems as they are the culprit 90% of the time. The other 10% require more focused troubleshooting. What data plan is your phone and the other phones on your account on? Are you inside or outside when you experience the slow connection? Are you having any issues with calls or text messages?

 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
duanedrw
Member

I consistently get horrible data reception (calls & text are fine) in two particular areas of Fresno: the area surrounding the corners of E Tulare Ave. & N First St., and The Tower District on Olive Ave between N Van Ness Ave. & N Palm Ave.

0 Likes
Re: Slow data, bad reception Fresno, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is definitely not the experience we want you to have, duanedrw. When at these locations, do you notice that your phone displays something besides 4G LTE? For example, 3G or 1x. What exactly is happening with the data? Is it just running slower? Outside of these two locations, does your data work fine?

 

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes