Slow data intermittently even on beyond unlimited plan with less than 22gb used?
OtterMD

I recently switched to the beyond unlimited plan because I was having unacceptable slowdowns on the go unlimited plan. So far this month, I've used maybe 5GB and I'm still experiencing slow connections. I've also checked everyone else on the family plan and even added together, we haven't hit 22 GB. I have full bars at all times. What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow data intermittently even on beyond unlimited plan with less than 22gb used?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's called congestion. Congestion will slow you down regardless of what plan you are on because that's what congestion is.

0 Likes
Re: Slow data intermittently even on beyond unlimited plan with less than 22gb used?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OtterMD, we always want you to have the best speeds available. Having high-speed connections are important and we’re here to help. May we ask when you originally started to experience these slow downs? What zip code are you located in? What kind of speeds are you getting when you’re in the midst of these slow downs? You can run a speed test by visiting http://www.speedtest.net/ and then share the results with us here.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
destruction5000

I definitely know it has slowed down (and it most likely is not congestion).  It is the same for a person driving the same car and one day realizing it isn't running as well.  I changed over from a business account to a family account with our company for cost reasons but over the past 70ish days my service has been awful.  I track my data and I have gone over the 22gig one month which I understand slows it down but it was no better after it reset.  I am on my phone in the same areas doing the same thing all the time for work and pleasure I know it is much slower.

I have the iphone X and I never have full bars and I have had more slow periods in the past 60 days than I did combined the past 5 years.  I would love any guidance and suggestions (with more thought to them than ...it is congestion...)

I downloaded the 'speedtest.net' app from your link above on my iphone and here at my office (80111) with wifi off are the results:

2.97 download and 2.20 upload (second time it was 3.88/0.85)

ping 52ms

jitter 130ms

Here are the main zip codes I am in 80216 or 80111.  Thx for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
destruction5000

On Wifi it jumps to 29.7 download / 11.8 upload

Ping 11ms

Jitter 3.3ms

Los -250%

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

you're wi-fi would have nothing to do with your mobile connection. Wi-fi would be going through whoever the ISP is for that. Also speedtest app is kind of useless if you're testing one time on one server. I've had their severs vary greatly. And your speed test for your mobile connection DOES indicate congestion.

0 Likes
OtterMD

I started having these slowdowns pretty much the day after I got this phone, which was about three weeks ago. I'm in 10021. I'll get 500 kb or less if I'm having.a slowdown, which happens at least once a day.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

what is teh phone you have?

0 Likes
OtterMD

S9+

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Well you do live in NYC right? So yeah I can see at certain times of day where their would be congestion issues. And the plus side usually NYC is the first area to get improvements

0 Likes