Re: Slow internet speeds
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought the weboost signal booster. I was surprised that it works. 
I have been very happy with the signal booster. It does help even at my job where I have the biggest problem. 
Yesterday and today I have been having a difficult time trying to use my phone even with the booster on. I'm wondering if Verizon figured out I'm using the booster and found a way around it to block my signal. 
Obviously they are not going to solve the problem. They have plenty of customers and don't care if they lose me. 
The signal boosters are expensive but they do help. Also look up your phone to see if you have the Mimo antennas. I think 4 are the best you can get right now. So if you don't have that type of antenna or more than 2 then that is also a problem with signal strength.

0 Likes
BBKing2020
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon doesn't have a booster for it's customers?? 

That's surprising.. I just switched from Tmobile. When I had Tmobile, I had weak signals at home(because we are on the hill). So they sent me a cell tower which connects to my internet and boost signals for all Tmobile users nearby for FREE.. 

0 Likes
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am fighting with my internet connection as I write this. I am completely disgusted. I can't use my phone to conduct any business. Just watching the thing buffer. I give up and put the phone down when I'm ready to smash the phone. I'm not going to call customer service because they don't listen. They just make up garbage and ask questions. I didn't know I was calling into a Game Show. Maybe they should ask me what the situation is do I can explain it. I can't get through all the stupid butt questions because I have to go back to work. It's hopeless. I'm going to press "post" now and watch it buffer. I will come back to check to see if it posted. 

0 Likes
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought one for my house too. Samsung. I'm at work. It doesn't do me any good here. Lol. The weboost is for my car. I can't sit in my car all day nor can I keep going to my car to turn it on so I can use my phone. 
The thing is I shouldn't need the booster at all. I am in Boston Mass. There are towers everywhere. There is a huge construction project next door to me. I think they are hogging the signal. My phone works fine until they show up. 
That is why I got the booster. I thought I could beat them boosting past their signal or something. It works a little bit. I am able to do some stuff with my phone at dial up speeds with the booster compared to having a paper weight without it.

0 Likes
badkrma68

I can offer one area code in which the speeds have slowed down dramatically.  39759, Oktibbeha County, MS  Never had a problem with the service until recently(past couple of months)  Now I can sit in the middle of town and never get off 3G.

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We understand the importance of ensuring you are experiencing great data service at all times. When did you start experiencing slow data speeds? So that we can take a closer look into the area, can you please provide the zip code you are experiencing difficulties in? Do you know of other Verizon Wireless customers in the area who are also experiencing the same issues?

0 Likes
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the solution. They sell antennas to pick up wifi hotspots or you can make your own. YouTube videos will show you how to do it. The problem is I haven't seen any for cell phones. They sell expensive ones for RV's with a huge antenna. That is the only way to avoid needing a cell phone with internet. Once I figure it out I will cut the cord. Too much money for something that doesn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you sharing these details with us, badkrma68. We definitely want to keep moving forward with making sure that your data speeds are at their best in this area. We see that there is not a known network-related issue that has been reported in this area. Do you know of any other Verizon Wireless customers in this area that are also experiencing this issue? Are you able to use calling and text messaging in this area? How far would you say that you would have to move from this area to not experience the data-related issue? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes