Smart phone without a data plan?
oneswtwld

My family all have smartphones with a data plan.  Is there a plan option for no data with the smart phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Smart phone without a data plan?
Tidbits
Legend

No as long as a smart phone is on that line you must have a data plan on Verizon.

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

No as long as a smart phone is on that line you must have a data plan on Verizon.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only on prepaid. Post-paid services require a data plan no matter what if activating a smartphone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought prepaid smartphone require the monthly smartphone prepaid plans which has a minimum amount of data on them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes they do they bundle it into the plan. It can't be removed.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Also any smartphone sold prior to November 2008 does not need a data plan. So the palm 755, moto q, etc.

Not applicable

You guys don't pay attention

Monthly PlanTalk & TextDATA
$30 /moUnlimited*Wi-Fi Only**
$45 /moUnlimited*1 GB
$60 /moUnlimited*3 GB
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That is something new and wasn't there before last time I looked. Yes we don't watch everything like a hawk, but that doesn't mean we don't pay attention.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's been there for about a week. And you could have checked before answering just in case to make sure you have up to date info. just sayin.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's a short period of time. Also I am willing to bet the person is not on prepaid so it will be a moot point until their payment plan is paid off or their contract is expired.

Just saying...  just for context sake.

0 Likes