Smarthub Home app
tidewater
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a SmartHub October 26th of this year, 2018.

An attribute of the product is it's "Home" app to control the SmartHub from your phone.

When attempting to use the app I've never been able to reach the server. For a month I've spent hours trying to reach anyone at verizon that cares, to no avail. There have been at least 4 tickets opened with "networking (NRB)" and "backend IT" departments. Each ticket is hurriedly closed, no doubt meaning their staff is measured on ticket disposition. Networking group deflected ownership of the problem to Quality One Wireless as they are apparently the author of the Home app and sold their service to build it to Verizon Wireless. I can never reach or get a callback from anyone at Quality One, and Verizon reps cannot reach them either when they call their "internal" number for Quality One. During the month I've learned every Smarthub owner has been similarily unable to use the Home app since August of this year. And a Networking ticket has been open nationwide since then. But I don't believe Verizon is lifting a finger to hold their subcontractor accountable or put their own resources on a fix. With incredible hubris Verizon Wireless continues to heavily market the Home app in print and online, and in all stores. As many of you in the forums know, Verizon is a behemoth and when they decide a customer problem doesn't jibe with their business aspirations, the customer is ignored. I invite anyone at Verizon Wireless who really cares to solve the problem to do so.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smarthub Home app
JOHWIL25

I have this same issue so I cant connect anything to it. Has anyone found a solution? is there another app that will work?

0 Likes
tidewater
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi johwil25.

I've given up because no one at Verizon cares.

Now just waiting till all members of my plan gets closer to finished

contract so can switch carriers.

If you have the energy to keep at the issue I can tell you the last person

that said they were going to stay on it till fixed was;

Erica [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
JOHWIL25

Good Morning and thanks for the reply. I have not given up as of yet. I will keep you posted for sure.

Regards and Happy Holidays,

John

0 Likes
justinb_vzw
Verizon Employee

JOHWIL25, having connection issues with your SmartHub does cause some concern. I am here to assist. Are you having issues connecting your devices to the internet or to your SmartHub device. I want you to start by restarting your SmartHub. I have included a link on how. If that doesn't work the next thing I want you to do is temporarily power your device and remove the SIM. I have included a link on how to do that as well. Once you remove the SIM leave the SIM out for about 30 seconds before placing it back into your device and powering it back up. Let me know what happens.

restart device SmartHub with Voice - Soft Reset | Verizon Wireless

Power off and remove SIM SmartHub with Voice - Remove SIM Card | Verizon Wireless

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tidewater
Enthusiast - Level 2

i followed the steps you stated above.

No change.

When my galaxy S8+ is on the smarthub's wifi and attempts to launch "Home" app, dialog box states "server is unavailable at this time, try back later".

Has said that since early October.