So frustrating with lack of their knowledge
NE1017

I placed an order of a new phone. It autofilled shipping and billing address for me and it was missing apartment number but it didn't let me fix it because my account was new. I confirmed that my address is correctly input in my profile. Before placing the order, I contacted sales to address this issue.

====================================================

Verizon Agent
Thank you for contacting Verizon Prepaid!
My name is Bob, May I know how can I help you?
hello. I'm trying to place an order but the default shipping/billing address is missing my apartment number, and its not letting me change it bc I just activated this account today
Verizon Agent
I would be more than happy to give you a hand with that! Could you please be so kind as to share the number you're chatting for?
you mean my phone number? its ************
Verizon Agent
Yes. Thank you very much!
Please allow me a brief moment so I can open the account and do a brief review.
Verizon Agent
Thank you for your time. I can see you have a prepaid line. I would be happy to help you update the address. Can you share the new one you would like in your line?
Verizon Agent
Thank you for sharing your address! Please allow me a moment to make the update for you.
thank you
Verizon Agent
You're very welcome!
is it complete?
Verizon Agent
Thank you for your time! The address has been updated!
I would like to let you know for future reference that you can make any type of changes to your line at anytime using your My Verizon portal. We like to provide our customers with full control of their service so they can access their information and features at the palm of their hands. You can update your address, card, change your phone number, features like Verizon Cloud and many more!
To update your address you can go to:My Verizon > Click Settings tab.

I would like to point out the Apartment doesn't normally show when you try to finish the order. Even though it's added and we can see it when we send you the order.
hmm okay. ill just place the order then
yeah i still dont see the apt number there but should i just give it a try and place the order?
Verizon Agent
Yes, feel free to continue with the order. The apartment normally doesn't show on your end. However, we do see it in the details of your address.
if i place the order right now, will you be able to check the address for me then?
Verizon Agent
Allow me to clarify that for you. The address is the exact one you shared. It wouldn't change. From your end it will keep showing the same address without including the apartment. In our end it shows all the details including the apartment number you shared in chat. No need to worry about the address been incorrect.
Verizon Agent
I can check the order if you wish for sure. It will show the same address you shared. I can assure you that.
yes. i just placed an order of iPhone. I trust you but could you check it for me? itll be peace of my mind
Verizon Agent
Sure I can. Can you share the order number and location code? The information should appear in the email you get for the order.

Verizon Agent
Can you please be so kind as to share the order number and location code you got from the email with the order information? The order number you shared is used inside the sales department to locate the order instead of our department.
Order number: **********
Location code: **********
Verizon Agent
Thank you very much! Please allow me a brief moment to check the order for you.
thank you.
were you able to confirm it?
Not Delivered
were you able to confirm it
Not Delivered
were you able to confirm it
Not Delivered
Type your question

=====================================

And he was disconnected. I talked to another one:

========================================

Verizon Agent
Nice to meet you Harry! I hope you are doing well today!
Hi. I placed an order last night but I wanted to double check its shipping address because its missing apartment number
Order number: **********
Location code: **********
Verizon Agent
I will be happy to look into your order for you.
thank you
Verizon Agent
i am seeing here that your order was already shipped. Did you receive an email with tracking number?
yes i did. another agent told me the apartment number is usually missing from my end. I just want to make sure the apartment number is correctly input on your end
Verizon Agent
The address you are seeing would be the same the courier sees as well. I am seeing here that the package is being shipped with UPS.
Verizon Agent
The package would be left with security if one is available. When tracking your package you would be able to update any shipping address changes with UPS
can you tell me what shipping address you see there
Verizon Agent
Ship Address: ****************************************************
yeah thats not what another agent told me. he was 100% sure it would include the apartment number and now its missing
and no. only shipper can modify the address
can you add apartment number to the shipping address
Verizon Agent
Ok, please allow e a few minutes to double check that for you.
i appreciate it
Verizon Agent
Your patience is greatly appreciated
Verizon Agent
Is Apt #*****?
thats correct
Verizon Agent
The Apt # is up to date on your account so you are all set to receive your package.
so are you saying thats what appears on the shipping label?
can you escalate this and transfer me to someone else? ive spent 40 minutes so far just to check shipping label and there is absolutely zero progress
ok so thats another 10 minutes to reply. its ridiculous im skipping meal for this
Verizon Agent
As the address is up to date and there has been no issue with trying to delver the package at this time there is no grounds for escalation. Information provided here is the same that would be provided with someone else.
Verizon Agent
I am sorry to hear that. You can close this chat to chat with someone else as I do not have the option to connect you with another prepaid agent.
Thank you for chatting with Verizon

====================================

And voila. Now today UPS says "Address Information Required" (It was supposed to be delivered today). And I need to contact them again to fix this.

0 Likes
Re: So frustrating with lack of their knowledge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please reach out to our Order Support team at:

Phone:866-338-7390
Hours of Operation
Sun-Sat8:00AM - 11:00PM ET

*Bee

0 Likes
NE1017

Yup that's what I've been doing after I'm transferred to someone else "who can help" 5 times for the last hour, skipping lunch, after the two other agents above assured me that this won't happen.

0 Likes
NE1017

Edit: 

After 2 hours, now they're telling me to call another number. To be continued.

0 Likes
NE1017

Edit 2.

Been trying from 11am to 2:45pm. My work starts at 3pm, so call wasn't an option. So I chatted. Again. After numerous more transfers, they finally tell me to call a number. AGAIN. I asked for the operation hours for the number. They said until 2am. I asked if it's PDT or ET. They said PDT. Now my work ended at 9PM PDT, called the number. It says the call service is closed for the day. What a joke. Lol. 5 hours of chatting and calling cannot fix their ONE SMALL MISTAKE, on top of all that, depending on which agent you talk to, they all say different things ROFL. I'm NEVER buying anything from Verizon. I'm gonna cancel plan services too.

I'm filing a formal complaint, and I'll make sure it's my life goal to make as many of my friends and families quit verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NE1017, we know it's important that you have the best experience when reaching out to our customer service team. If you are unable to reach out team over the phone, our Social Media team is available 24/7. Please send us a Private Note, so we can help turn this around.

*Brianna

0 Likes
NE1017

After I talked to 20+ agents, chat and phone, I concluded that none of Verizon employees can ever help with this issue. They always say they're the one who can help like you just did, I doubt it and simply ask them to transfer me to their supervisor, they refuse, put me on hold for 30 minutes, come back, and eventually tell me to call some other number which can't be reached. Please don't fool me with false hope if you can't help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there. Sorry to hear about the concerns with your order. We'd be happy to help however we can. To begin, please send us a Private Note to get started. *Kris

0 Likes