So ready to leave Verizon!
anyarborough
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two lines, one is still under contract - the other is not under contract but has Verizon edge agreement.  The person using my other line no longer needs it.

I contacted customer service to see if I could keep only the contract line but continue to make edge payments and use my edge line.  I was assuming the number could just be transferred to the contract line, as I have swapped a number between lines before.  I was at first told that I could not keep my edge agreement, even if I kept my contract line (this later turned out to be completely inaccurate) so if I wanted to go down to one line, I would either have to pay the early termination fee on my contract line, or pay the full balance of my phone on my edge line.  I complained about the fact that I was paying almost $200.00 dollars a month for two lines, and that I felt it was ridiculous that I could not go down to one line without being penalized even though I had no contract on one of the lines.

I was elevated to a manger who not only told me there was a cheaper plan that could cut my bill down by $70.00 per month (so basically Verizon would have continued to take advantage of me by charging me the higher rate when there was a better rate available with the exact same features) but then told me it was possible to keep only one line and my edge payments without being penalized.  I could cancel my edge line, but continue to be billed under the edge agreement because I was remaining a Verizon customer.  I thought that for ONCE Verizon was going to actually be reasonable and solve my issue.  So when I told her that was great, and that I wanted to continue using the Edge line phone number, she told me that would be impossible... REALLY?  Why?  Because it was tied to the edge agreement.  I said OK - what if I change the number on the edge line, then can I have that number put on my contract line since it will no longer be tied to the edge agreement.  Again, I got a NO.

It would be one thing if this were the first time I had ever had trouble with VZ customer service, but it isn't.  Any time I call in, I get someone in a foreign country, and we have to go round and round repeating ourselves, because they cannot understand me, or I cannot understand them.   The fact that this company charges double other carriers, and then outsources customer service to countries where it can pay pennies on the dollar compared to American CS reps, frustrating its over charged customers and cutting Americans out of jobs, is a huge red flag for me.  Especially since Boost (10GB, unl, tlk & txt, only $35/month) has customer service that is native English speaking, pleasant and effective.  But we pay 3x that amount and can't get a resolution from people we can barely understand.  So now I have to use the chat feature, and I always have to require a manager before anything is ever done.  I have been with this company for almost 5 years, and I think it is time for a change.  In Houston, there are so many towers that all carriers are reliable.  Even boost and cricket have no missed calls and excellent data coverage, so the Verizon network is not worth overpaying for.  And at Sprint, you get a text when new plans become available for lower amounts with similar features.  They value their customers and do not want them to overpay.

Verizon should be ashamed of itself!!! And customers need to wise up and switch!

I want to keep my number so badly, I would still consider staying if they would just work with me on that, but it does not seem they will.  This is my last attempt - if a Verizon rep sees this and is able to find a way to get me to one line without being penalized (since I only have 1 contract) and keep my preferred number, I will consider staying.  If not, my bonus will be here next week, and I will pay all the penalties to cancel all my service and move to another carrier.

Labels (1)
Re: So ready to leave Verizon!
WeAreFamily
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah something needs to be done..what has happened to true customer care?

anyarborough
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be one thing if the customer service was bad on a cut rate, no contract plan... You get what you pay for.  But we pay far too much to be treated so poorly!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Contracts and Edge payments are tied to the number that they are originally on and every carrier has the same policy. I didn't read anything other than that fist part as I do not wish to read War And Peace. When you can edit your post to more succinctly make your point I might read the rest of your issue with Verizon. Does it really take that many words to describe your problem?

0 Likes
anyarborough
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it does, and if you dont want to read the post, don't comment. They told me I could chang the number on the edge line, so that means the contract would be tied to a different number.  So why then couldn't I put the other number on the contract line? 

And as I said, this is not the first time I have had awful customer service.  I called boost customer service when helping a friend set up their new phone and got a pleasant woman who lived here in America who was super efficient when solving our problem.  Verizon tech support is overseas reading from a script, and are extremely rude.  It is a customer service issue.  We pay 3x as much so the customer service should be superior, but it is not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want to lose you, anyarborough! We are dedicated to offering you the highest level of support. Please consider that each line does have its own agreement whether it be Edge or a standard contract. Each is tied to  phone purchase when those lines were eligible separately. I do apologize for the inconvenience however we are unable to waive the contract or alternate the Edge agreement to another line. We do hope that the value that we offer through a quality network and plan variety can serve you well with 2 lines.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
anyarborough
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sorry, as I know my frustrations with Verizon are not your fault, but yet again, I am given bad information from a VZW CSR:

You are stating I have to keep both lines and that you hope I can find a suitable plan for two lines.

However, I only have ONE line now.  I canceled the Edge line but am able to continue making edge payments since I am still an active Verizon customer via my contract line. 

Had I not read my agreement thoroughly, I would have believed the original rep that first provided the same inaccurate answer, and I would have been duped into continuing to pay for two lines.  Verizon would be more than happy to take advantage of me in this way.

After my complaints about misinformation, I would hope you would have researched the issue better before replying with the same answer I already stated to be untrue in the complaint. 

And this is exactly why I am leaving. Truly dedicated customer service agents would take the time to search the agreement in full for the solution that best accommodates the customer.  Instead, they shoot off the easiest answer, that requires the lease amount of effort, and usually little to no solution.  It is then up to the customer to prove that they have other options per their contract. And even when faced with proof of this, it is usually still necessary to get escalated to a supervisor before they acknowledge that you are in fact correct and initiate any change.

I feel that this cannot be coincidence, and think that it is more likely a tactic encouraged by Verizon.  They know that most consumers will not read their contracts, and will believe the answers provided to them by the rep.  So, they tell them to say there is no solution, causing the customer to keep a less satisfying arrangement at a higher cost.  Only when a customer adamantly refuses to be duped do they finally admit there is another option available, 

Thank you for so eloquently proving my point!

0 Likes