Some questions about Grandfathered Unlimited Data. ^_^
Novakingwai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stop.  Before any of you Verizon reps try to persuade me that I don't need unlimited and I can sign up for your $30 a month 2GB plan, I'm not 100% stupid.  Please don't waste both our times.

I see ebay listings for grandfathered unlimited data.

Some of my questions are:

1)  What exactly will I have to have on the account total?  I'm still a noob at wireless plans.  I see I'll need the $30 data package, plus voice minutes, maybe texts, and a phone line fee?

2)  What data service will I get?  I see 3G, 4G, 4G LTE.  I understand to get 4G service you need a 4G phone, but what's the difference in 4G and LTE and will I need a specific phone?

3)  I'll need to buy a phone for full price.  If I do buy one of the data plans and don't have a phone yet, will it be reset or something?

Thanks for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Some questions about Grandfathered Unlimited Data. ^_^
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From what I gather from your post, you currently do not have a Verizon cell phone plan or maybe have a prepaid plan, correct?  If so, then you aren't eligible to do an Assumption of Liability to take over another person's line until you have an account.  New customers have only one plan option, the Share Everything plan.  That plan isn't eligible for unlimited data.

Novakingwai
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have an account.  From what I read and was told by calling Verizon I just need to have a credit check done to see if I am able to do the AOL, or did I get misinformation?

If it's not possible, then would my parents be able to add the unlimited plan onto their account with a new phone?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your parents have a Nationwide family plan, they may be able to add the line to their account (and yes, you'd have to provide a Verizon-branded phone with a clean ESN):

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/912223#912223

Keep in mind that current Verizon customers with unlimited data plans will be off-contract next summer; at that time, Verizon could eliminate unlimited data for everyone ... that's the current rumor, anyway.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I may have mispoken ... you may not need an account to be able to do an AOL.  I'd suggest you contact the Assumption of Liability Dept.  More info. can be found here:

Billing FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Not applicable

Novakingwai wrote:

Stop.  Before any of you Verizon reps try to persuade me that I don't need unlimited and I can sign up for your $30 a month 2GB plan, I'm not 100% stupid. 

A) No one here is a Verizon rep

B) If you are a new customer you'd be put on a Share Everything plan anyway. Not the old pricing with the $30 data plan.

C) If not 100% what % would you put it at? just kidding.

D) No one on ebay is going to legitimately sell you their unlimited data plan even if they could do that.

0 Likes
Novakingwai
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, not everyone.  I'm sure employees will still get benefits.  I know guys who work at a local wireless kiosk and for $40 they get unlimited everything (I think).

0 Likes
Novakingwai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just, why do people respond if they have no idea what they're talking about?

You CAN get an AOL from old unlimited data plan customers.  They sell the accounts on Ebay all the time.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah lot of people sell lots of stuff on ebay. And lots of people get ripped off too, but go ahead knock yourself out trying to "beat the system".

budone
Legend

Like there has never been a cell phone sold on Ebay that was stolen and then not able to be used by the purchaser. Nope Never! I am sure it has never happened with unlimited data plans either.

Nope, never.

0 Likes