Someone please explain to me why a company tortures it's customers
kdfreeze

All I wanted to do today was upgrade my phone and renew my plan, this is my story.

First, I tried to order my phone online for in store pickup.  I live in an apartment building and didn't want my phone to turn up missing if Fedex just dropped it off.  As I went to check out, using my exciting promo code!, an error screen that they are sorry, but my order cannot be completed online came up, but call tech support.  After trying 5 more times (I'm an optimist), I became extremely frustrated, so my husband offered to call tech support.  45 minutes later, the tech guy informed him (nicely), that he was getting the same error message.  Slightly amusing that he received an error message that instructed him to call himself.  To make up for it, he called the closest store, explained the situation, and assured us we would be able to get the same deal at the store.  Yay for Verizon Customer Service!!

Was he ever wrong...  Upon arriving at the store, we waited another half an hour to speak with a rep.  We explained the situation, at which point he looked at us like we were crazy.  We insisted that he ask around as the tech support guy spoke to someone at the store, and assured us it would all work out.  He rolled his eyes, and 15 minutes later informed us that while the tech support guy did call the store, the rep at the store claimed that she only told him they would "try" the promo code.  Of course, when they "tried" the promo code, it didn't work. 

So we headed home and I called 611 to cancel my service.  A very friendly woman answered the phone and listened to my story (of course) and offered to send me to their telesales department because their computer system is different and they would surely be able to help! They couldn't.  Apparently at Verizon, you can ONLY do in store pickup AND use any of their promo codes online.  Unfortunately, when their website is down, you're SOL.

Now I have patiently been waiting for the nice customer service lady who assured me she'd call me back in 15 minutes to make sure everything went well and I got taken care of...for an hour.  I don't think she's calling.  Meanwhile, my poor husband is chatting with an associate online who says we can't bill to the account because our 0 balance due on 10/23/13...is past due. 

Well at least I wont have to pay an early contract cancellation fee....since Verizon wouldn't let us renew our contract in the first place.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Someone please explain to me why a company tortures it's customers
sled-dude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I  have found that out too, online sales and counter sales are two different dept's and DO NOT SHARE THE SAME phone prices. I have also learn not to do any ordering of any kind online, it will get screwed up.

Food for thought as you are shopping around, all cell carriers have some level of idiocy. (LOL)

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You have to print out the e-mail with the promo code you got on My Verizon, then take it to a corporate Verizon store. I believe an authorized retailer does not have to match online prices. If you use the store finder at the top of this page, it will show which stores are corporate. Good luck.

B33
Legend

Good suggestion Smiley Happy b