Re: Sony Z3V UPDATE
mld007usa

As far as i know and according to Defiance Verizon store. There will not be an update for the Z3v. I have talked to Sony, Google, and Verizon and got no where. That ready makes me mad and I might be making some changes because of it.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

slaskey099 wrote:

That's a crock of [removed] For one they disable the Fm Radio.

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

We have discussed the FM radio on the devices.

0 Likes
slaskey099
Enthusiast - Level 1

Which has Zero to do with your statement that all V does is add software. They change physical characteristics of devices. Is not the battery on the z3v different from the z3

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

-

sprmankalel wrote -

>img

>

>A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

>    

>Sony Z3V UPDATE

>created by sprmankalel in Verizon Wireless Services - View the full discussion

>

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually Sony charged Verizon to do and Verizon paid up. There's a vast difference.  If Sony never gave the option it wouldn't have been that way.

0 Likes
slaskey099
Enthusiast - Level 1

Want more?  How bout rubberized sides on the Verizon version clqi early not software.  Oh and that battery makes the phone thicker, but at least it adds functionality

qi charging.    So...    Just software dropped onto the phone!  I think not

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't know the specs of the Z3 vs. the Z3V.

Verizon doesn't physically change anything. It has been pointed out that the FM radio is a piece of hardware which cost extra to be included in the device. To add that extra hardware there would be a cost that would have to be passed down. I would not want to pay extra money for my device because it had an FM radio which I would likely never use as I don't even use the FM radio that is included in my car. I also have a flashlight that has a crank charger that has an FM radio on it so if I needed that I don't have to have a power source to listen to FM radio, I just crank the handle to recharge the battery. Also, I believe that in the even of a natural disaster or zombie apocalypse, the FM radio stations would be defunct when there was no more electricity anyway. Thus making an FM radio in my mobile phone that wouldn't connect to a network that I would not be able to charge makes no difference.

0 Likes
slaskey099
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lol zombie apocalypse.   Actually I use the Fm Radio at the gym. They broadcast the audio feed from the TV over a low power Fm signal, listen to and watch the news on the treadmill.  

The z3v is a great phone except it overheats, and the new Android version addresses that. Sony has updated the z3.  Verizon has not. Sony sent the update to Verizon,  Verizon has not rolled it out.  Simple really.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I get it but Verizon is good for that.

Lollipop came out this time last year. I didn't get it until April on my G3. Then it wasn't until September when I got 5.1. Now Marshmallow is rolling out. I got the new LG V10. I am not expecting that until around April. Verizon is the slowest to roll out the updates but what happens is, when there is an issue, customers will run to the stores and clog them up for something that can't be fixed by VZW. I know this from first-hand experience. When a bad update comes out people run to Verizon. I feel for you not getting your update but that's the way VZW is and has always been.

0 Likes
Jdcinaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes u r missing a lot.  Biggest is being able to talk while using the data plan.!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This has to with Advanced Calling being enabled. Try doing that and then see how talk and data works simultaneously.

0 Likes