Re: Sony Z3V UPDATE
Jdcinaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kit kat does not allow simultaneously talk and data usage.   That is why everyone with a Sony Xperia z3v are screaming at Verizon to release the update.  Wish they would get out of the bed with Motorola and Samsung and develop a better relationship with Sony.  They make great phones!

0 Likes
slaskey099
Enthusiast - Level 1

KitKat also does not manage the power used in the advanced processors and cameras in this phone very well - gets extremely hot recording video

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So you're saying that Advanced Calling is not available on KK?

0 Likes
GC73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, we are now well into early 2016, and we still haven't gotten the update we were promised "in early 2015." I still can't do simultaneous voice and data or take advantage of the added features promised, and still no Stagefright patch, and still no straight answer from Verizon. Why?

0 Likes
Racer0018
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to say is that I love this phone and would like to have the updates for this phone.  I would like to see the lollipop update as well as the marshmallow update. I know that the phone can handle both of the firmware updates. okay so don't release the updates but then allow the boot loader to unlocked so we can make our own roms for them and get marshmallow for ourselves. And please get the z5. Thanks

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Racer0018 wrote:

I have to say is that I love this phone and would like to have the updates for this phone.  I would like to see the lollipop update as well as the marshmallow update. I know that the phone can handle both of the firmware updates. okay so don't release the updates but then allow the boot loader to unlocked so we can make our own roms for them and get marshmallow for ourselves. And please get the z5. Thanks

Not gonna happen.  I answered your thread, so I won't repeat information.

THe bootloader is locked by Sony, and has carrier specific software licensed to Sony and Verizon.  Sony will not unlock the bootloader.  Since it remains on kit kat, you might be able to do something on your own - we cannot discuss that here.

0 Likes