Spam Texts Solicitations
obowon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Three weeks now receive 5 spam texts per day from different numbers - many political SOLICITATIONS, some business solicitations.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spam Texts Solicitations
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See the sections on How to Block Spam and How to Report Spam at:

Smishing & Spam Text Messages 

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See the sections on How to Block Spam and How to Report Spam at:

Smishing & Spam Text Messages 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We know how annoying spam texts can be, and we're here to help. If you receive a spam text, we recommend forwarding it to us right away at S-P-A-M (7726). We will investigate and block it for you. I hope this help!

*Breanna

0 Likes
block texts from unknown senders
stringyone

Is there no way to allow text messages only from known contacts? The incessant political texts are overwhelming, intrusive, and maddening. Reporting the numbers is not a proactive solution and does not keep me from getting inundated from them up to a dozen or more times a day.

0 Likes
famattjr

The Verizon "solutions" are useless. I texted with a rep today, they are clueless. You can't really block these constant texts I am getting from "Amazon" and "Paypal" saying they are going to lock my accounts. Everyone says go to the messaging app and under settings go to spam filter, but it's not there. You can turn on a spam filter online. But it only screens calls. The spam messages don't have numbers attached. They don't even show up as calls or incoming messages. This is what I am constantly getting, the one on the left is the message, then when you hover and press on the sender icon the one on the right appears, the properties of it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here and ready to assist! Please Private Message us. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!

*Jorge

0 Likes
Inzombiak
Enthusiast - Level 2

From 10/2/22  to  2/28/23 I have received 664 spam texts. I report them to 7726, not sure what that actually does since the spam has not decreased and the spammers don't usually use the same number twice or they spoof the number. All the scams have a  weblink included in the text. I would really like to know if that gets investigated.

I have discussed the spam issue with Verizon Support. Support told me to install Call Filter, what a mess that took many hours to fix.  The Call Filter  displayed  "unknown caller" to anyone WE called. Our employees and family would not accept our calls and we couldn't text out. The only other solution Support offered was to change my phone number which is not a solution. Almost every web account requires a phone number and text verification so even if I did choose to get a new number I would still receive spam texts since companies obviously share your information with third parties.

As of right now, the only solution I can find is to change the phone number, get a virtual phone number, and use the virtual phone number for web accounts and 2FA. The issue with that though is if your virtual number gets hacked.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes