Spam calls from Verizon Wireless (or so they say)
Motownphilly

Hi, I'm getting hammered with calls that say they are from Verizon Wireless for my deceased ex-wife. I've been told by agents at the store these are spam calls and that she is in no way connected to my account. They are coming from all different numbers so I can't block them (I'm out of blocks). Short of changing my phone number (or carrier), how do I stop this nonsense?

They've been going on for about a month...multiple times a day.

(803) 426-****

(704) 837-****

(704) 837-****

(980) 939-****

(980) 939-****, etc.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spam calls from Verizon Wireless (or so they say)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Motownphilly,

Oh no! I’m sorry that you’ve been receiving these calls. This is definitely not the experience we want for you to have. We don’t want for you to even think about leaving our wireless carrier. Regrettably, there wouldn’t be a way to block all of these numbers. I know that it is not a popular solution, but you are able to change your phone number for free online by using this link: http://vz.to/2j24hFB   If you have a smartphone, you can look into 3rd party apps that may block calls.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Have an air horn at the ready when you answer.

Seriously, whenever I get calls that I don't want, I listen for the option to be removed. If there isn't one or I have received the same call multiple times, I get a live person and scream at them. Sometimes it's very empowering.

I know that they're only doing their jobs but my methods seem to be working as I don't get these calls but once or twice a month.

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

If they are like scam calls or people saying that they are verizon wireless the only real way to stop them is saying that you have a tracer on your phone and that the police know the IP address they are calling from. lol but really if they are fraudster people or scammers its difficult to stop the calls without changing your number unfortunately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Motownphilly,

Oh no! I’m sorry that you’ve been receiving these calls. This is definitely not the experience we want for you to have. We don’t want for you to even think about leaving our wireless carrier. Regrettably, there wouldn’t be a way to block all of these numbers. I know that it is not a popular solution, but you are able to change your phone number for free online by using this link: http://vz.to/2j24hFB   If you have a smartphone, you can look into 3rd party apps that may block calls.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Motownphilly

Thanks Alicia,

As painful as it was (I have that number on business cards and all of my business contacts know that number), I went ahead and changed it.  Thanks for the instruction.

So far, the calls have stopped and hopefully it will remain that way.  Thank you for the information.

Drew

0 Likes