Spam is getting through all of a sudden
LYNHAG71

To whom it may concern I have been receiving more out of state/country calls than normal, and recently I had received some texts as well. All of this started to happen around the beginning of August. I have never received this many random calls to my number from a major carrier ever!  This is what you would experience/expect from using VOIP apps and it's really concerning to me to think that Verizon is possibly giving out user information. This is unacceptable from a major carrier (any of them). Why am I shelling out over a hundred dollars a month if I am getting telemarketing calls everyday?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Please advise......Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spam is getting through all of a sudden
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My thought….

I would say that the majority of spam calls are placed from call centers located overseas. The telephone numbers passed with the Caller ID records are, by in large, spoofed.

For what it's worth, as of late, I have noticed an increase in the number of spam calls coming into my Verizon (Ma Bell) landline. The volume comes and goes. With an election a few months away, I'm expecting the call volume to increase even further, subside after November, and rebound again as we draw closer to the 2020 election.

Mix in the usual Medicare scam calls, debt consolidation offers, the bogus Microsoft Support calls and the ever popular IRS fraud calls and it all adds up quickly.

0 Likes