Start Unlimited Promotion not honored
roanokebrown

I received a text from Verizon (actually several for this offer) that with Start Unlimited, pay just $80/mo. for two lines (5G Start plan)plus taxes and fees. $20 off per line when you enroll in AutoPay. No restrictions listed.  Went into Verizon office and worked with a sales rep, he verified that I had two promos ($800 off Samsung w/trade-in and the $20 off per line for the 5G Start or any of the 5G plans). He said the plan was the Verizon 55+ Unlimited plan.  Bought a Samsung Flip and switched to 5G Start.  He said he applied both promos.  May take about 2 cycles for the trade in promotion to take effect – this was 1/26. He calculated with taxes, fees and plan – I would pay ~88 per month which would save me ~15 per month.  That's a no brainer or so I thought!   Made the switch and paid ~$296 for the 1st month and my estimated bill for next month is $194.50 for the exact 5G Start plan he signed me up to get. So, I decide to call Verizon to make sure my promotions were set and when I would start getting the discounts. Spoke to the rep only to be told that they don't have any record of the 5G Start promo and it will be ~90 days before the trade in promo is completely activated.  Of course, I understand that I will receive the payments for the devices as a credit but to be told the 5G Start promo I was promised and was the main reason I changed can no longer be found. Plus, I was on the phone for an hour and a half w/a very nice rep but all of a sudden she couldn’t hear me, I could hear her so she said I will hang up and call you back.  An hour and 15 minutes later no call back.  Sorry this is long but just no clue what to do!!  Anyone have any suggestions.  Well, of course I am going to call back as well as make a trip back over to Verizon.  Good thing is I have 2 folks with me that can validate what I was told or is it sold!!??  Sad thing I was excited to be old and that I qualified for the 55+ plan!

0 Likes
Re: Start Unlimited Promotion not honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the breakdown on details & I can understand the concern with wanting an explanation on why the original 5G start(2/$80) wasn't applied or available. We'd be happy to look closer & to save you a trip to the store. For this, we'll need account access, but first, let's move this conversation over & into a private note. Once this message is reviewed on your end, please acknowledge back in the private note, thanks. 

-Joey

0 Likes
Re: Start Unlimited Promotion not honored
roanokebrown

Joey,  Thank you for your response.  I sent a private message.  I hope I did this correctly. If not, let me know.

0 Likes