Started getting ringless voicemails recently
Steve1775

The last few days, I gotten several voicemails with no record of a call being made to my phone.  The caller ID in the voicemail said the the calls are coming from the number 441  614  xxx yyyy, where x and y are a 7 -digit phone number.  I'm in the 614 area code, but what is the 441?  How can there be a 13-digit phone number?  Most importantly: how do I block these calls?  I've received 4 in the last two days,  all beginning with 441 614.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Started getting ringless voicemails recently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Steve1775! We're sorry for the trouble, and we'd love to help you with this situation with your calls. If you're only receiving the voicemail, that's probably your phone blocking these calls. Are you having trouble receiving calls from your contacts? Have you listened to the voicemails? Are they spam calls?  ~Aaron

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Steve1775! We're sorry for the trouble, and we'd love to help you with this situation with your calls. If you're only receiving the voicemail, that's probably your phone blocking these calls. Are you having trouble receiving calls from your contacts? Have you listened to the voicemails? Are they spam calls?  ~Aaron

0 Likes
Steve1775

The voicemails in question are from seemingly random numbers in my area code, but they all have a prefix of 441, e.g. 441-614-549-xxxx or 441-614-577-xxxx.  These 13-digit numbers can't be legitimate number, can they? So why is Verizon allowing them to go through to voicemail?   The actual voicemail that I hear is the last 2-3 seconds of a message about "calling their office". I am assuming these are spam calls.

I have no problems receiving calls and messages from my contacts or other numbers I choose to answer.  I have not blocked any calls for quite a while, but that raises the question:  If I block calls, they can still leave messages?  That seems counter-intuitive to me.

Is this type of voicemail legal?  If not why is Verizon allowing them?  If they are legal, they shouldn't be, and Verizon should block them.

0 Likes
ChuckRoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, 441 in the country (phone) code for Bermuda. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I've received spam calls like this before too, Steve1775. Have you reported these calls as spam? https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/

-Christopher

0 Likes
Steve1775

Did some digging, and turns out that these calls were indeed blocked, blocked by Verizon Call Filter. Apparently, I had long ago set the call filter to block high-risk spam calls and to send them direct to VM.  These calls, and a few others were visible in a log.  So, the call filter did it's job.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, ChuckRoast. We hope you are having a great day. I also appreciate the excellent opportunity to be of assistance via this channel.

You mention that you experience issues only with calls from a specific country code (441). Your phone may have a feature to block some calls. What is your phone model? We can check this further for you. -Antonio

0 Likes