Still being charged for device when I traded in phone 4 months ago
jeff137

Hello, I keep getting billed for my new iPhone even though I signed up for the trade-in offer and sent my old phone in early October of 2021. I have called Verizon support for the past 3 months relating to this issue. Support promptly adjusts it, but now it's frustrating especially since I have paid my bills on time and received another wrong bill today along with a text message and voicemail that they are going to shut off my service.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still being charged for device when I traded in phone 4 months ago
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to ensure we apply the correct offer to your account. We've sent you a Private Message to further assist. ~Christian

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to ensure we apply the correct offer to your account. We've sent you a Private Message to further assist. ~Christian

0 Likes
Smoked1

I also got rope-a-doped into a trade in program where I traded in a pristine S8 for a S21+.  The standard promo was $650 credit but I also had a verizon loyalty perk that bumped that credit to $800.  The last update I received was December 9 where it stated that the trade in was initiated Nov. 16, Received Dec. 1, and estimated Dec 6 to be assessed.  I've called early January and was told that the warehouse that does assessments may be a bit delayed. 

Today, when I checked my Account Activity history, it showed that, "Your trade-in was completed for your Galaxy S8, Dec 9, 2021."  So someone closed out this activity and I have received $0 for my trade in.  I wouldn't be surprised if my trade in phone disappeared as I have taken care of this phone to keep it in mint condition.  My phone went straight from the box in the store into a case.  Additionally, when I shipped it with the original S8 box, I included more packaging material in the shipping container than what was sent with my new phone.

I suspect I will continue to get the run around with $0 credit for my phone, definitely will never trade into Verizon directly again.  I've never had this problem when trading my old phone in at Best Buy.  After this experience, after being a loyal Verizon customer for the past twenty years, I will switch to another company for both online and mobile services when I am ready to update my S21.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left us. I am a consumer myself so I get making sure that you get your promotions. I would like to get this investigated for you. I will send you a private message. -Amber

0 Likes