Still have unlimited data plan?
dfelker
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have been a responsible user like me and have not abused the "unlimited" data plan and are now given the choice of buying full price phones or getting the 2GB downgrade I have a question for you.  Since you are being treated like you are part of the problem why not become part of it?  I didn't, until now, stream videos or movies but since I have unlimited data I started.  I don't even care what the movie is as long as it is HD so it hogs more data.  I will do it until they kick me out as a customer. 

My data usage is normally less than 2gb but going up.  I didn't anticipate ever using over 5 or 6GB in the next year or so but that is dependent on new applications.  Garmin now has smartlink for live traffic updates that uses data, I don't know how much it may use and before I didn't care.  I have had unlimited data since it was first offered.  I didn't do the videos and movies because I thought that if I burn through 60 to 100GB a month it would surely come to an end.  Stupid on my part!  How dare I think Verizon would give a **** about me for trying keep my data usage down but still pay for the unlimited just in case I went over.  So my reward is getting told they are doing me a favor by simplifying the plan by limiting my data to 2GB.  Or I pay full retail for a phone and keep unlimited data.  Or I keep the same phone and keep unlimited data.

So now I have a new plan, stream HD movies anytime that it is possible.  Buy old Razr's on Ebay and keep my unlimited data and burn all the data I can.  I am writing to the Public Service Commission of Nebraska regarding this and the regular poor customer service that I just quit complaining about in the past.  If they get enough complaints the Legislature will reintroduce the bill to give the State regulatory authority over the wireless carriers.  Will it fix anything?  Probably not but it will be another thorn in Verizon's side.  I will say anytime the State has gotten involved, even thought they have no authority, Verizon has fixed the issue because they DON'T WANT OVERSIGHT!

If you feel you have been slighted on the unlimited data plan write to your States Public Service Commission.  If they get enough complaints the wireless companies will have to deal with regulatory authority.  What are they going to do, raise the bill some more?  If so Walmart offers a cheap flip phone from Straight talk.  Not the best deal but still better than giving your money monthly to a company that hates it customers and looks for every opportunity to fleece them for every dime they can.

>>Profanity and vulgar language removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes