Still waiting for the Promotional Data... Any ideas?
smackz

I purchased two new iPhones (iPhone 6) on the evening of 9/28/14 and received email receipts confirming the orders and reflecting the Promotional Data:

1 GB Additional Data for a limited time

FREE

iPhone 6 16GB Space Gray --NUMBER REMOVED-- - 1 GB Additional Data.

1GB BONUS DATA/MO FOR 2 YRS Expires 10/07/2016

Both phones have arrived (prior to estimates - a nice surprise) and have been activated. After a few days, I decided to call (10/16/14) and check on the status of the Promotional Data and was told that it would be taken care of within 24 hours. Since I did not see a change to my account, I called again earlier this week (10/21/14) and spoke with Adam. He was very polite, courteous, and appeared understanding. He looked at my records and noticed that my documents reflected that the purchases were made on 10/2/14 and 10/11/14 (as seen in my My Verizon Documents & Receipts) and outside of the promotion period. I explained that the purchases were made 9/28/14, that I had email receipts reflecting this, and that opening/viewing the documents in Documents & Receipts show that they were purchased on 9/28/14. He then verified this information and was contacting the appropriate team for resolving this issue. He told me that I should see the Promotion Data within 48 hours. I waited two days, didn't see the change reflected on my account, and called Verizon Wireless Support again. This time, Kenisha took my information and told me that I'd see the change within 24-48 hours.

Can anyone provide any directions or steps to getting this resolved? Like many others, I gave up a legacy unlimited data plan to upgrade devices and moved to a More Everything plan based on the Promotional Data (and the device trade-in option - I'm also having "issues" with this).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Still waiting for the Promotional Data... Any ideas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so happy to see your new phones have arrived. Let's get to the bottom of the promotional data addition. So sorry it was not yet applied. Please look for a Direct Message from me so I can get more details from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Still waiting for the Promotional Data... Any ideas?
reggiec2it
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used Twitter to talk to Verizon support.  It took a couple of weeks, but I now have all of the data that I was promised. @VZWsupport.  I tweeted with several different reps and had to give them some of the same info again, but the end result was getting all 3 gb's that I was promised when I ordered my phones.  Make sure you keep checking back with them. 

0 Likes