Stole my Trade in and not giving me my monthly credit
pnwlost
Enthusiast - Level 1

June 2021 I was chatting with a representative and was told if I trade in my galaxy s8 I would get a $799.99 credit, over 24 months on a new galaxy. No changes were required to my phone unlimited plan. Even the person I spoke to on the phone acknowledged this fact. 3 months later I still do not have my credit. I asked for my phone I traded in, returned to me as that is theft of my device if I am not going to receive the trade-in credit. I was told I would receive a call from someone but no calls ever came. Who do I talk to, to resolve this issue of my account credit or phone returned to me. I currently pay over $300 per month for my phone service on 6 lines. Can someone please direct me to a number to call who can help? I have been with Verizon for 20 years. 

Re: Stole my Trade in and not giving me my monthly credit
AlohaT808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue as you. Called them several times and chatted with their rep a couple of times about the trade in credit promo via Costco. I traded in two iPhones last Nov (2020) and didn't get my credit for one of the two iPhones until I called them 5 months later. Apparently, they approved one phone but denied the other. It just seems weird to me how to they can do that when both iPhones are identical model. After that I called and spoke with a rep that says it has been escalated to a team that will review and approve the other phone. There's nothing more they can do. It's been a month since I spoke with them and they still haven't emailed me whether it has been approved or not. 

I have to say Verizon is really unprofessional with their customer service. I don't know why till this day I still haven't heard from them about this matter. It's just a waste of your time talking to their reps over and over again when they should be able to read the notes/comments from previous reps. Always try to play like nothing has happened until you tell them to do so. I'm shopping around now for another carrier. Very disappointed in their customer services and false promises.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to look into your trade in with you. Please send us a Private Note and we can dive right in. Thank you in advance! *Ellisandra

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the promotions you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

ashleyhel

This is happening to me right now! I sent them two devices. They awarded me for one and "lost" my other trade. It disappeared from the trade in, so I had to call the person because it had been there the week before when it arrived. Then, after a 45 minute headache of not being able to create a ticket to indicate the problem, the customer service person told me she would need to schedule an appointment for seven business days from the call. In the meantime, I would have to pay the difference for not getting the trade on time (even though it was submitted on time). On the day of the appointment (today), she did not call. So I have been on wait for over 30 minutes to get someone to tell me simply how I get in contact with that person. And maybe someone at verizon could tell me what they did with my one phone rather than, you know, Verizon being a good company and providing me the full trade value on the spot because they f-ed up. smh

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ashleyhel, this sounds serious and we'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please be on the look out for a Private Note for assistance. 

-Nicci

0 Likes
Jills1

Good luck. I’ve been waiting 6 months and still getting the run around. I’m passed around like a hot potato. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you receive the trade-in promotion and are here to help, Jills1. Sorry to learn of the experience but glad we were connected. If you do not mind, what exactly is the current status of the trade?

-Chris

0 Likes
miszraecw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. My mother and I went into a Cellular Sales on July 15th, 2022 and traded in our phones for two iPhone 13s. We were told that we would get a credit of $810 dollars a piece and that we would not be required to pay for the phones. Two bill cycles later our bill skyrockets because apparently they never received the trade-ins. We go through weeks of a so called investigation for Verizon to ultimately tell us that we’ll be responsible for paying for these phones because they don’t have the “proper” documentation and because they couldn’t pull the footage from the store that day. I’ve never experienced this type of customer service in my life. We’ve been Verizon customers for many years and this has never happened to us! If this is not resolved we will be taking our business elsewhere!   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want any of our customers to have this experience when purchasing new phones and trading in their old ones. We have sent you a Private Message, we want to see what we can do to help.

-Steven

0 Likes