Store agent lied to us, VZW support can't help
JD1115
Enthusiast - Level 3

We went into a local Verizon (authorized agent) store recently to add a line for my father-in-law. She said if we put him on unlimited, we could get a phone for free. He doesn't use any data, but we went for it to get the promo on the phone. Our existing three lines use about 3.5 gigs of data a month.

While we were setting up the free phone, we had the agent check to see if there would be a better plan for our situation. She said if we switched the three lines we already had to unlimited we would get the same service we were getting and our bill with the new line for my father-in-law would be less. We of course eagerly signed up. She said we would have a "small" one time charge and after that our bill would go from $132 a month to $120. 

We get the bill and the first one is $215, the "small one time fee" is $95? The projected next bill is $163 and then $142 a month thereafter. So, naturally I assume there is a mistake. Verizon support agents tell me to contact the store. The store has been "looking into it" for over a month, no follow-up and no response.

I just decided to live with the extra charges and count it as a lesson to get EVERYTHING in writing when dealing with Verizon. Until...

Today I tried to use mobile hotspot on my phone. "Your plan does not support this feature".

I'm paying more per month for unlimited data I don't need and I can't use mobile hotspot anymore. I contact Verizon support again. The best they can do is tell me that they're sorry that I feel like I got ripped off. I'm stuck for a little while with no help and a bunch of extra charges with less features than I had before. Is there another route I can take?

0 Likes
Re: Store agent lied to us, VZW support can't help
JD1115
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW changed my username from superpissedVZWcustomr to what you see above. LOL

They have time to read and fix that but not address my concerns. 

0 Likes
JD1115
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried again today. Basically got told once again that they're "sorry I feel that way". How else should one feel who was lied to? I asked for a supervisor and got booted. I need some help, and no Verizon reps will help me

0 Likes
JD1115
Enthusiast - Level 3

Scheduled a call from Customer Care. I was on the phone with an agent for about an hour. She tried to move things around and find a scenario where what the store told me was going to happen could be. In the end she could not. I asked for a supervisor, she put me on hold while she got someone for me. She said she had John on the line and transferred me. I was then put on hold for 20 minutes. During this time, John called another line on my account trying to reach me. I was eventually sent back to the beginning of the customer care queue. After several 10 minute rounds on hold. I was told once again that there is nothing anyone can do for me. Verizon has chosen to get $0 per month from me rather than provide the service promised at $120 per month. They could have put me on a plan to get the service I was promised and credited back the difference; they could have kept us as customers. It would be wonderful if someone who can help would contact me. I am not really interested in switching, but at this point I am even less interested in continuing to do business with a company that doesn't stand by its promises.

0 Likes
JD1115
Enthusiast - Level 3

Submitted a request for help via email. The web-form says we will get back to you in less than one hour. 2 hours later crickets.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JD1115,

You are an important part of our family. The last thing we want is to see you go. As this is a community support form, our responses here can be delayed from when you originally post. We are here to help! How many lines in total do you have? Which unlimited plan do you have active for each of the lines?

-Christopher

0 Likes
JD1115
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got a response to my support request. They replied on the support page, and not via email like I asked. I went through the whole saga again. They told me that because the store did not annottate ,y account they cannot honor the pricing I was promised. They did admit that Verizon could do much better but doesn't care enough about customers to do so; a refreshing bit of honesty, but not particularly helpful.

They suggested I set-up a call back to speak to a manager. on the phone I was told that I could get all of my lines up to snuff and I would be getting a credit for my next bill to get it down to $135. I was also told the rep would be submitting a request for an on-going credit to get what I was promised in store. It would take 7-10 business days to process. He said he would call back on the 29th to check-in.

I thought we were finally getting somewhere. Then I tried to use my mobile hotspot this evening. It didn't work, I was not on the plan with hotspot like I was told on the phone.

I chatted again and an agent got hotspot for me, but now my project bill is $200. I chatted with customer support about it. No notes on my account about any credits to reduce my bill like I was promised on the phone. The chat rep told me that since it was told to me on the phone, I would have to schedule another call back to ask someone on the phone to look into it. they would have to find a recording of the conversation and verify that the agent offered me a credit. So I have yet another call back scheduled. This chat agent assured me I would get everything I was promised.

0 Likes
JD1115
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just received my call back. It was not a manager as promised. I was put on hold for over ten minutes waiting to speak to a manager. The lady who helped me was pleasant and was able address my immediate concerns about credits not being applied as promised on my call yesterday. My overarching concern is still un-addressed. I am waiting for a response in regard to that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're reviewing this and will get back to you in a moment.*Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's a tough situation. We'd like to see exactly what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes