Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strange Call
Kell67

I have heard of scams where they have you push say number 2 to take your name off the list and it turning out to be a scam and allowing them to use your phone without your knowledge. I just received one of these calls from [Removed] saying that I one a free stay at Marriott (which I did not register for anywhere). I listened instead of hanging up and they said what I stated above about hitting number 2 to be removed.  After I hung up, I started to get really concerned that this is a scam and I accidentally just gave private information out. What do you think this is about?  Do you think that I'm in trouble now? Is this a way they can steal my information?  These identity theft people are making me afraid of everything!

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Strange Call
kathy65793

Did a reverse number on it and it said that ii was CELLCO PARTNERSHIP DBA VERIZON WIRELESS - PA

don't know how true this is but I would diffidently call Verizon to make sure.

0 Likes
Kell67

I called the number back and got the voicemail of a guy I don't know. He sounded normal. I'm going to let him know someone is using his number.

0 Likes
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

With our phones being used for everything these days, security of your device and service is of the utmost importance, Kell67. Our Verizon Support and Protection App is a handy app that keeps your device secure. More information on it can be found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/support-and-protection/

davidh_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRYP

COULD THIS BE A SCAM IN ORDER TO PURCHASE vERIZON SECURITY PACKAGES? SOUNDS LIKE IT TO ME. FROM ONE vz EMPLOYEE.

@Kell67 wrote:

I called the number back and got the voicemail of a guy I don't know. He sounded normal. I'm going to let him know someone is using his number.

0 Likes
CRYP

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SELLING VZ PROTECTION SUPPORT TO ME. iS THIS A VERIZON SCAM TO BUY THIER SECURITY SCAM. yOU BE THE JUDGE.

0 Likes