Substandard Customer Service "UNACCEPTABLE"
glieteau

I've been a loyal Verizon customer since 2009 and I am extremely disappointed with my experience surrounding the trade-in program.  On Mar 29, 2016, I requested two phone numbers be ported to my account from AT&T for a total of three lines.  I was interested in two promotions (Buy 1 get the 2nd free and the Switch Program).  After 4 hours of turmoil, the representative failed to enter the correct ported phone number, which caused me to drive 8 miles back to the service center after he stated everything good-to-go.  Additionally, the rep demonstrated a lack of proficiency, which prompted him to call various call centers for assistance on numerous occasions during the process.  The Kicker--I was explicit in my request to pursue both the Verizon Switch and Buy one get the 2nd free promotion; however, the representative explained that I should not trade my phone into Verizon because I could get a better price online.  He suggested U Sell.com.  He explained that I could still participate in the "Switch" promo once I received the final bill from ATT.  I completed the online application and was denied because I didn't have a trade-in.  Bottom Line--I had to pay AT&T $395.38 in early termination charges coupled with an initial bill of $390.00 with all the new Verizon charges.  Do not go to the Diamond Wireless Center in the St Charles Town Center, Waldorf MD!  As soon as this term is over, I'm leaving the grid.  I thought AT&T was a rip-off! Thanks for taking care of your loyal customers Verizon!!!

Disappointed Customer!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Substandard Customer Service "UNACCEPTABLE"
Ro808

Wow! I feel your pain. I went through the same exact process back in January till now. Been 5 months since I ported 2 numbers over from AT&T and Verizon don't disclose all the little details. You'd think they would since they want your business but surprise after surprise from verizon. They say get up to $650 per device when you switch well, I got a prepaid visa card in the ridiculous amount of $13.49, which declined when I tried to pay for my  $11.00 lunch. What a shocker. Verizon needs to get their act together.

0 Likes
Re: Substandard Customer Service "UNACCEPTABLE"
Jon5634

I am looking at T mobile or AT&T after several attempts to get correct information from Verizon. I went to the Hamilton NJ location several times and 100% of the employees are liars and crooks. DO NOT GO THERE!!! They lied to me on EVERY occasion that I entered the store. When I purchased the phones, they lied about my deductible to sell insurance. They also lied about the mostly plan cost and the cost of the insurance (I was told $6 per line for insurance but was being billed $11). When I went in to upgrade my phone, the rep Thomas, insisted I must buy a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] bluetooth headset that I already had that was still in the box. I told him I am not buying that and he told me my bill would be higher if I didn't buy his headset. He told me to buy it and give it away. I asked him to break down my bill now and tell me what it would be if I got a new phone. He gave me at least 5 prices for the same thing. Even HE couldn't figure out what I was paying and he worked there. After lowering my bill from 6 to 3GB, he told me my bill was $85, $100, or $115. It was neither of these btw. Plus there are other fees and taxes, so he had no clue what my bill would be. No surprise [removed] ! I can no longer trust Verizon and would even pay more at this point to be with an honest company.

0 Likes