Sudden Poor Reception Past Few Weeks, Multiple Devices, Resets Performed
fattymelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the title says ... We used to have "ok" service. We could certainly get by with it. But beginning just a few weeks ago the service got really bad. I have less bars and often even if I have a bar or two I cannot get to the internet. Just yesterday I was completely unable to send an SMS both from my home and then again from a destination about 10 minutes away.

My wife is having the same experience.

We both have iphones, she has an 8 and I have a 10.

We have rebooted our device and reset network settings multiple times.

The area of concern is Lenox, MA. Although this is a general issue, our cross streets are Old Stockbridge Rd. and Hawthorn St. 

Is there anything to be done?

Re: Sudden Poor Reception Past Few Weeks, Multiple Devices, Resets Performed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to stay connected & are here to help! I understand both you and your wife are having service issues. We will need to gather some additional information. What error message do you hear/see when you attempt to send a text, place a call, and use data? Are you having the same connection issues when attempting to use Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi Calling? Have there been any recent changes to the area (construction, population, etc)?

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
fattymelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

We don't typically get any one error message. I will give some examples of what I experience.

1) I write an imessage and hit send. The blue progress bar gets 80% across the screen and stops. My message isn't sent. It eventually says something like "failed to send message".

2) I write an sms and it says something like "failed to send"

3) In my browser, I can't get to the internet. Sometimes Chrome will say "No Internet Connection" but it mostly just hangs.

4) It is fairly common for us to show multiple bars but be unable to access data.

We are not having any issues over WiFi. We also using WiFi calling and that is also fine.

I'm not aware of any construction. We do live in an area that gets an influx of people in the Summer, but I'd be surprised that it is so many that my cellular data has been ground to a halt.

I really appreciate you getting back to me and hope you can figure out what's up. Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Fattymelt. How far do you normally have to travel from your location before service picks up?

0 Likes
fattymelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hard to say, but I'd guess 2-3 miles and then things are different. For what it is worth, my wife was at the local farmer's market and overheard multiple people essentially complaining about the same thing. I'd say if you sent someone out the this location with a test rig, they'd notice things are not great. 

Can we expect Verizon to look into this in a serious way? I appreciate that you've been following up!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly check this issue further, and submit a ticket to our network team if necessary, but we must complete some troubleshooting and check some settings on your phone (s) before a ticket can be submitted. What is the iOS version currently installed on your iPhones (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206732/)?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Person9

0 Likes
fattymelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

IPhone X

iOS 14.6 (18F72)

What are next steps?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Person9, thank you for reaching out to us. Making sure you have the services you need is important. Let's investigate the details. When did this start? What services are impacted (calls, text, data)? May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location?

0 Likes
Ahoyle1

Same issue in Claremont, NC but we have Androids and I-phones that are now having issues with poor signal strength.  

0 Likes