Sudden poor signal strength and dropped calls
Bnapp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have the S21 plus and my cell coverage is gone in places I use to have 5 bars now its 1 or none. Area codes 42784, 42713, and 42701. I've tried doing the reset of finding towers and that hasent helped at all. Been going on since I upgraded to the S21 plus. 

Re: Sudden poor signal strength and dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bnapp, thanks for reaching out. We want to make sure that you can enjoy the cellular service on your S21 Plus. How far would you need to travel before you pick up better service? 

0 Likes
Bnapp
Enthusiast - Level 2

4 or 5 miles. Makes no sense that I had good signal there before. 

0 Likes
dgmenace
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here with Samsung Galaxy S9+,  Galaxy S21 Ultra, Apple iPhone 11, Moto One 5G UW.....these with an extremely expensive Cellular booster on my roof that runs to the amplyfied 16db gain repeater inside my home. We had intermittent signal then installed this booster that moved all phones up to 3-4 bars.  This is Rockingham County, Wentworth at my home but even in Madison, Eden NC where I had full signal is 1, maybe 2 bars every now and then.   I have been with Verizon since they were Alltel back in 98 but I have done everything I possibly can. We even connected a Network Extender outdoors about 12ft from house in garage to try to widen the range with no luck.  I have talked with tech support at least 20x....so many times I know what process they are going to have me try...lol. Even requested new sim cards.  My neighbor that lives 1/8 mile away has 2-3 bars with another provider and why I can't pull off that tower, I can't remember what the reason was. Several have said 3g towers are being removed and 5g put in their place or similar? Idk but it's frustrating.  I'd say 3 months now, maybe a little longer is when I noticed it.  I also noticed around midnight and around 4am that I wouldn't have any signal for 5min-1hr so maybe they are working on them? I sure hope so. Zips 27320, 27288, 27048, 27025.....Verizon, please let us know.....it's not our phones (not in my case)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details help, Bnapp. Are you experiencing this issue indoors/outdoors? What service has been affected (voice, messaging, data)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing a very detailed message about your service experience, dgmenace. YOu stated that this has been going on for 3 months. How far would you need to travel from this area before you can get a better service? 

0 Likes
Bnapp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Outside and I lose all service for about 10 miles then get 1 to 2 bars back. Another area I get off I65 an go half mile and lose all service which doesn't come back until I get on I65 and go 1 to miles down the road. I used to not have any trouble in the areas I'm losing service now. 

0 Likes
rayram23

Same here in Brooklyn NY 11233

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Service concerns are not what we want for you. Allow us to help! When did this issue start? Could you provide us with the zip code location?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is a must and we are here to help you stay connected. Allow us to gather more information to be on the same page. What type of service issues are you experiencing? When did you first notice these issues? 

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes