Suspension of service
MTREE

I do not need service 240 days of the year; 120/jan-apr, 90/june-aug, 30/dec. The device is only used for "point of sale" may, sep, oct, nov.

It is clear that I can only suspend for 180 days in a calendar year with 90 days at $10/mo and 90 more at full rate of $35/mo to keep my plan; a basic plan which no longer is offered. I have no need for the phone number.

Am I missing an option such as to canceI and to re-register that overall would be more economical?

Is there a best time to begin the suspension within the billing cycle?

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suspension of service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps a prepaid account would work better. You just need to keep enough money in the account throughout the year.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon doesn’t offer a pay per use option and they don’t suspend prepaid, you either pay and keep it active or cancel. 

Would AT&T prepaid work?   They still offer pay per use so you can keep the account open for $100 a year, funds are available for monthly plans when you need one. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to reach us. We're here to assist you further in regard to any questions, issues, or concerns you have with your Verizon account. To start, let's get more details pertaining to your current situation. Was therhe a specific time period which you can see yourself suspending this line of service for? 

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MTREE

I do "on the road" trade shows in the spring and the fall.  I purchased

an Ipad as a "point of sale" device.

Most shows provide WiFi connectivity. Several shows in May have no WiFi

- need cell service.  Several shows mid-September through mid-November

need  cell service.

In short, I need service for only 90 days a year.

Thanks

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

iPad pro have an esim, which allows you to buy temporary monthly service as needed.  I assume Verizon will let you do this on the single device prepaid plan.  I know At&t allows it with their “buy a session“ services.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend
0 Likes