Switch Incentive - 5 month BATTLE with VZW
sbsieben

I was a 15-year customer of Sprint...what on earth made me change to VZW? Our 5 new lines were activated Aug 28, 2017 and all required paperwork and equipment was provided to VZW on Sept 29, 2017 (31 days from date of service). I have had three outstanding claims to receive reimbursement of ETF costs and VZW continues to deny the claims stating the information was received past the 45 day submission requirement. First, they lost the traded-in equipment. Once that was found, it was supposed to be another 10 days. Then, the evaluation of the once lost equipment had not been done so it now required manual evaluation...another 10 days to review. Here is my full record of communication to resolve what should have been a very simple transaction. WHY am I having to spend SO much of my time over 5 months to get this resolved. Someone, please help!!!  This is hundreds, and hundreds, and HUNDREDS of dollars that VZW owes.

Date of New Verizon Service: Aug 28

Claim Submitted: Sept 29 (31 days, not 45+)

1. 1) [removed] (original submission on September 29 with all three claims)
  2. 2)     [removed] (created by Verizon rep on 11/21)
  3. [removed] (created by Verizon rep on 11/21)

Called 11/21/17: Representative advised all three lines were submitted under one claim and needed to be separated into three individual claims; representative created two new claims and advised would be resolved within 10 calendar days.

Called 12/6/17: Representative stated the equipment was not returned (which it was). Representative confirmed receipt of equipment; will re-review claims within 10 calendar days.

Called 12/19/17: Representative stated the equipment was received but had yet to be reviewed for trade-in value. Stated the trade-in value would be manually processed, 3-5 business days. Next 7 calendar days expect an update.

Called 12/26/17: Representative stated the claim was being submitted to verification department, will re-review within 10 days and to expect an update.

12/26/17: Spoke to supervisor, Carlos – resubmitted to escalation team. 10 days calendar resolution time.

12/28/17: Receive email stating the claim was submitted after the 45-day period.

12/28/17: Submitted detailed email to switch.submission email. Response within 5 days.

1/3/18: No updates received. Emailed again.

1/5/18: No updates received. Emailed again.

1/7/18: No updates received. Email again.

1/7/18: Posted to VZW community.

Claim numbers removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switch Incentive - 5 month BATTLE with VZW
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to miss out on reimbursement, sbsieben. I understand the urgency of getting this figured out. Please reach out to our Switch Team at 844-408-8470 or chat with them online at http://spr.ly/6588DK3hw. They will provide the support you need to find a solution.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBLAF65

Same boat...mine all began in August too.  Your records are far more detailed than mine--I wish I had a log of all my calls.  It is infuriating.  I cannot believe I am posting on a community forum because a billion dollar company cannot process by 500 or so bucks.

0 Likes
sbsieben

I have now moved on to having local media news outlet do an investigative story, filed an FTC claim, and submitted a Dispute Resolution through Verizon. Sad story so many of us have been duped by this company. Best of luck. #classactionlawsuitanyone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with your switch request ROBLAF65. What happened during your phone calls? Did you receive status of your submission or told it could not be processed? Has your issue been escalated with that team? We would like to know where to start in order to get this resolved once and for all. You should never have this type of experience with our family. We look forward to hearing from you soon. 

KinquanaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ROBLAF65

Wouldn't you have access to where this stands?  This is my issue in a nutshell....each time I call its like starting over completely.  The last time I called I was told they needed an additional (up to) 21 days to process the decision.  I am still a few days from that...so, in a few days I will call back and have to tell the story, again, and be told that its still processing, again, and wait, again.  I was told by the representative that should could email this processing group to try and expedite...I asked if I could just speak to them--but, as you can imagine, I wasn't allowed to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBLAF65, your time is valuable as is the switch offer. We are sorry to hear that you have been waiting to receive this promotion. You indicated that you have been unable to speak directly with the switch team regarding this escalation. They are indeed available at

844-408-8470. I hope this is beneficial. 

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes