Re: Switched to Go Unlimited and now terrible speeds.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to ready about this experience dby2017. We don't want to lose you. I have sent a private message to you. Please respond when you are able. BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dby2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks- I sent you my information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dby2017, You're very important to us and we really want to get in touch with you. Please reply to my Private Message so we can dive deeper into your data speed concerns.

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dby2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just sent you a message.  I also sent the same information to Bobby from Verizon but no response. This is getting frustrating. I have a spare unlocked Nexus 5x and signed up for T-mobile to try it this week. The difference is huge.  I'm getting 50 download with T-mobile while barely hitting 2 with Veirzon at the same time.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Maybe less subscribers are using TMobile in your area than are using Verizon.

0 Likes
dby2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's possible. For the last week though T-mobile has been very speedy and consistent wherever I go. I've peaked to over 50 at my desk and I think the lowest it ever dropped was in the upper teens.  Verizon however usually dips to below 1 and goes max to about 8 or so. That is a huge difference. I did end up talking to a very nice rep from Verizon about the issue and he did confirm it is probably an infrastructure issue in my area where I work. Not sure what I will do. It's only been like this since the summer. I suspect it is just the increase in users Verizon has experienced since the Unlimited plans.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

According to this website https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/how-verizon-at-t-t-mobile-sprint-and-more-stacked-up-q2-2017... as of Q2, Verizon has roughly 78 Million more subscribers than TMobile. That is more than double TMobile's subscribers. Would lead me to believe that in Akron's population of just under 200,00 there are way less TMobile subscribers than say Philadelphia's population of 1.5 Million. Less subscriber means less people streaming which means faster speeds.

0 Likes
sharp1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any time I go to the mall or a restaurant, my data gets throttled to an essentially useless level.  Typically, I run at .01-.02 Mbps when I'm at these places.  These levels of throttling are, honestly, bordering on fraud by Verizon.  I had a Twitter chat with customer service and they confirmed that this was, indeed, congestion related throttling.  I find it ridiculous that Verizon can essentially turn off my phone (that's what .02 is) at any time.  Their only solution is "pay us more and you can have faster data".

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best experience on our network, sharp1234. Let's dig into this further. What zip code is this happening in? When did this begin (i.e. when moving to Go Unlimited, etc.)?

LynnD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sharp1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

It began when I switched to Go Unlimited.  It happens on all 4 phones on my account.  And, again, I have confirmed with customer service that this is throttling due to a busy network.  I understand throttling on Go Unlimited, but, you should not be able to throttle me down to .02 mbps.  You effectively turn off my phone whenever I go to the mall.  Zip code 35242

0 Likes