Re: Switched to Go Unlimited and now terrible speeds.
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Techincally, you can be slowed to whatever speeds Verizon deems necessary in order to keep the congestion down. If you don't want to be slowed, simply pick the Beyond Unlimited plan which doesn't get slowed until you reach 22GB or pick a tiered plan that doesn't get slowed until you reach the limit AND YOU enable the safety mode.

0 Likes
sharp1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

sprmankalel...I think Verizon should be able to defend themselves without your help.  Bottom line, Verizon is effectively turning off my phone.  In my opinion, I paid for, at least, a minimum level of service at all times.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This forum is not a direct link to Verizon Wireless. Call 1-800-922-0204 to lodge a complaint about the data plan YOU chose.

There is no defense needed. The plan YOU chose does not have a prioritization. That is your trade off for trying to save $10 a month.

sharp1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, there you go defending them again.  Seems to be your only contribution here.

I’ve called them and all I get is lies.  So, I am just here to let people know that Verizon can turn your phone off at will on Go Unlimited. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

YOU AGREED TO THE TERMS OF THE PLAN when you signed up for it. If you don't like it, switch to a different plan.

0 Likes
VIRTUAL_REDNECK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any news lately on this? I too had this problem when "upgrading" to the unlimited plan. However they tried to temporarily switch me to the Unlimited Beyond plan to see if it helped. It did not. I frequent 4 different towns nearly 20-40 miles apart weekly and only 1 gets me speeds above the .02 to .5 mbs. I will be switching back to the limited plan soon or switching providers all together. I read the "fine print" when I switched but this is ridiculous.

TRYSPI
Enthusiast - Level 1

it is SICKENING and BLATANT!

As long as you are willing to pay $15 a gig for data Verizon will open up the pipe as wide as it goes and give you data as fast as you can use it, and CHARGE you for it of course.

The INSTANT we switched to ”unlimited” the speeds got choked down to UNUSABLE and MISERABLE!

It can no longer be defined as unlimited when you immediately choke down the speed at which you allow the consumer to access their own data. That protocol itself is legally considered “severely limiting, hindering and discouraging use.”

It is very much like having a restaurant that is “all you can eat”, but its $15 for each trip back to the buffet. Of course customers can pay $150 for unlimited trips... as soon as they switch to that, you say sorry no more plates you can only go back and forth with this tiny baby spoon. But feel free to go back and forth as many times as you like. There isnt enough time in the day to get s full meal.

Unlimited is a simple bait and switch.

Its a common corporate hatched greed plan, which is great for them now... but not good long term. People will switch and they will eat Verizons lunch in the end!

I am currently seeking legal counsel for a class action.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected is certainly important, TRYSPI. We are here to help ensure you have the data speeds you need. To ensure we get all the facts, we do have a few questions. Can you please verify your zip code? When you visit speedtest.net on your phone and run a speed test, what data speeds show for you? Also, what change prompted the change from your previous data plan to the unlimited data plan? 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

TRYSPI wrote:

it is SICKENING and BLATANT!

As long as you are willing to pay $15 a gig for data Verizon will open up the pipe as wide as it goes and give you data as fast as you can use it, and CHARGE you for it of course.

The INSTANT we switched to ”unlimited” the speeds got choked down to UNUSABLE and MISERABLE!

It can no longer be defined as unlimited when you immediately choke down the speed at which you allow the consumer to access their own data. That protocol itself is legally considered “severely limiting, hindering and discouraging use.”

It is very much like having a restaurant that is “all you can eat”, but its $15 for each trip back to the buffet. Of course customers can pay $150 for unlimited trips... as soon as they switch to that, you say sorry no more plates you can only go back and forth with this tiny baby spoon. But feel free to go back and forth as many times as you like. There isnt enough time in the day to get s full meal.

Unlimited is a simple bait and switch.

Its a common corporate hatched greed plan, which is great for them now... but not good long term. People will switch and they will eat Verizons lunch in the end!

I am currently seeking legal counsel for a class action.

Switch to Beyond Unlimited then or go with another carrier

0 Likes
DANGERMACE
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have the exact same issue. when congested, which is a LOT of the time, speeds are often below their 600 kbs minimum. Totally unfair for Verizon to say deprioritization occurs practically the second you are off wifi. My old 16 XL plan had great speed and reception, now max i have seen ONCE is 22mbs. Late at night semi-out of town. In town day time speeds are usually 1.5 mbs. go unlimited makes me miss my old plan so much, even if always had to buy extra gigs.

0 Likes