Switching from 4G to 3G and back to 4G and keeping unlimited data.
jennay571
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone!  It's been awhile since I've been on these forums.  I have a question I hope someone can answer.  I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S3 with unlimited data.  I have the opportunity to get an iphone 4S (no upgrade/ not subsidized, just activating/switching phones on my line) which I wouldn't mind using to see what the deal is with the iphones.  If I were to switch my current 4G SG3 phone to the 3G 4S and back to 4G in case I didn't like the 4S, would I be able to keep my unlimited data?  It's the whole 4G/3G data switching that has me a little worried.  Thanks for you feedback and apologies for any repeat questions!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching from 4G to 3G and back to 4G and keeping unlimited data.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

3G to 4G to 3G should not be an issue - as long as you are not purchasing a subsidized phone, you can swap phones on your line and keep the unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
Re: Switching from 4G to 3G and back to 4G and keeping unlimited data.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would think having to setup your voicemail again every time you switch devices between an android phone and iPhone would get old very fast.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes