Re: Teacher Discount
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@nekbatani wrote:

How does one message you in private?

N.E.

You click on their name to access their profile page where there should be a 'Message' button.  If the button does not appear, you might not have private messaging turned ON in your own profile.  Go to Profile->Settings->Preferences->Private Messenger to check. You should be able also to click on the envelope icon, 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage 

or select Messaging to go to 'Private Messaging' and hit the 'New Message' button.  There you can search for the user you need to message.  Note: Unsolicited PM's is against Forum Policy

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
TLAYEL

I never give up I’m a fighter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you can get the assistance that you need with your account and this way you can get all of your qualifying discounts. The last thing we want is for you to think that we are giving you the run-around. Please respond to the Private Message we are sending you. Thanks. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you receive the discount that you deserve! Did you still need assistance getting the discount added?

0 Likes
cdemaria
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have yet to receive the teacher discount since applying in November 2020. When I called Verizon in January the rep said to just fill it out again and wait, which I did. Four billing cycles later I am still waiting. This is ridiculous, what else do I need to do??

cdemaria_0-1615913406441.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to get the benefit of the Teachers Discount that we offer. To qualify for the teachers discount you must:

• Have at least 1 smartphone or basic phone on one of our qualifying unlimited plans
  • Be the Account Owner or Account Manager. 
  • Be a currently-employed teacher (kindergarten to grade 12 or post-secondary instructor).
  • Apply online through the discounts page (which you have)
  • Validate your teaching employment as part of the discount registration.

Do you currently have an unlimited plan on your account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This link provides you with all the details about the Teacher's Discount: http://spr.ly/6608HSTlq

0 Likes
cdemaria
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have 3 smartphones on the account, my wife is an account manager who is currently employed in a school system and I validated her teaching employment through ID.me in November 2020. We also carry an unlimited plan.

cdemaria_0-1616092476594.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help you move forward. What info do you receive when you check the status of your submission at https://www.verizonwireless-employmentvalidation.com/ ?

cdemaria
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I check my status I see that my information was validated on 1/22/2021 as follows:

cdemaria_1-1616290198956.png